Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Raymer issuing death threats?????

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who does not have a daughter, and thinks what Greg did was wrong/inappropriate, needs to FOAD. You will never understand until/if you do have a daughter. Until then, shut up.

That is all.

/wanders back to MTT

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong, everyone understands perfectly how alarming this would be, only stupid kids have no idea but then what else would you expect. I hope he doesn't let this put him off too badly for the rest of the tourney.

Mack
Old 07-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Nice reraise, Greg.
That will get him Fold.

Next idiot like him, move all in against them.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:47 PM

Default GREG; YOU MIGHT LOOK INTO HIRING A BODYGUARD.....

It's 1545 EST and I don't know where your position is in the ME. But while you're playing, and if you don't have anyone close enough out there you can trust, you may look into hiring a bodyguard to stay near your family.
I don't have any idea how expensive this may be but it's
probably not that bad, and your wife may be able to ID that
crazy son of a bitch and go from there.
Something is very wrong with that guys actions and intent.

Good luck in the ME
d
Old 07-13-2005, 04:52 PM

As a father of 3 girls, I applaud what you did, and hope that Vegas security tags/tracks that person so you can take the appropriate action post-tourny. With all the sickos in this world, you can't be too careful with your daughter.

Good luck the rest of the way as well!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 PM

I disagree. I think I'd have more respect for someone I didn't like if they stood up for family that way.

I wasn't there, so I obviously don't know exactly what happened. That being said, from what we all know of Raymer, he is not a hot head. There is a tremedous amount of evil in this world; I don't blame the man at all for getting his back up when he preceived some type of danger to his child.

Good luck all,

Fitz
Old 07-13-2005, 05:07 PM

Tao of Poker

4:17pm... Fossilman jawed with a railbird who was pestering his wife about their kids, "If you [censored] with my daughter, you're dead." That guy was being a total idiot and I was about to call security to clear him out when the guy bolted.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 PM

How old is his daughter/ How old was the guy/ What did he say? If a nice guy who's been talking to your wife for a while thinks your daughter's pretty and inquires as to whether she has a boyfriend etc or would be interested in meeting him then, assuming she's of age, it's not really a cause for alarm. Now if she's young, or if the guy's an old pervert or a creepy type then it's time for a death threat. Hell if she's a child and this happened I'D kill the guy.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you Raymer lovers are kinda hypocrites.

If Mike "The mouth" had been in this exact situation and reacted the same way (assuming he had a wife and daughter, not sure if he does) you all would be saying what an over-reacting jerk he was.

Obviously I don't know the situation and it might have been justified and have no problem with him defending himself/his family.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because we'd judge the action, at least in part, based upon what is generally known about the person acting. If somebody prone to make a lot of noise and trouble were to do the same thing, they'd be entitled to less of the benefit of the doubt, since less obvious that they were handling whatever happened correctly...doesn't mean they'd be wrong, just that they get less benefit of the doubt before more facts known. As they should.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:14 AM

in that case you held your composure pretty well. i wouldve had a hard time not walking directly up to him, slamming his face to the floor, and pounding it as hard as i could until someone pulled me off of him.

good luck, hope you win the whole thing. again.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 AM

greg is a fuc[/i]king pimp
Closed Thread