Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 PM

Default College

Well, I'm going to be a senior next year in high school, mind pointing me what should I consider and figure out before applying to colleges next year? What helped you decide where you wanted to go? How did you go about applying to colleges?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: College

[ QUOTE ]
What helped you decide where you wanted to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not getting into any 4 year colleges.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 PM

probably helps to have a general idea of what you'd like to do when you grow up. You'll get to college and probably change your mind a couple of times. Pick a place a minimum of 5 hours away from home.

Oh and don't choose Georgia Tech. This place suks dog dic.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm going to be a senior next year in high school, mind pointing me what should I consider and figure out before applying to colleges next year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your grades,test scores and extracirriculars(obviously). Have a good long sit and speak with your guidance counselor-they're pretty big helps when it comes to this kind of thing
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Dartboard.

[ QUOTE ]
How did you go about applying to colleges?

[/ QUOTE ] Once again, your guidance counselor probably has all this info, though this would primarily be for school in your geographic reason. You could also go to the website of whatever school you're interested in and find an app there.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 PM

Keep this in mind: I go to Amherst College (1600 students) and I applied to a lot of similar small schools. I thought I wanted a small school with not a lot of students. I was completely wrong. I feel like I should've gone to one of the big Ivy league schools now, because in a school this small, you just get to KNOW everybody and eventually the social scene loses it's appeal. If you go to a big school, you can choose to avoid people and hunt out new people you've never met before.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 PM

What I did, kind of, is deciding what my top three choices of majors would likley be. I then got catologs on any schools I thought I would be interested in attending. If you are going to a school that is in a State School System they may have some catalogs that combine all the schools in the system together. Looking at this you can see what schools offer what your interested in. So it would list like Major A, Major B, Major C. School X offers A, and C not B. School Y offers A and B, not C, and so on. Otherwise each school will have their own catolog, or you can look it up at the university's website. So then you can narrow down the list of schools your interested in, to ones that offer degrees your interested in. Then go out and visit the schools, and see what they offer. You can get an idea what it is like on campus, and if there will be activities and stuff that interest you.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm going to be a senior next year in high school, mind pointing me what should I consider and figure out before applying to colleges next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on your goals in life.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Location and size.

[ QUOTE ]
How did you go about applying to colleges?

[/ QUOTE ]

By filling out the applications. Just go to your guidance counselor, they will help you with all of these questions and more.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably helps to have a general idea of what you'd like to do when you grow up. You'll get to college and probably change your mind a couple of times. Pick a place a minimum of 5 hours away from home.

Oh and don't choose Georgia Tech. This place suks dog dic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got into Georgia Tech?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 PM

Don't underestimate weather and what the female student body looks like.

Southern schools are the way to go. Georgia, Clemson, UNC, etc..
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Good program and good atmosphere (girls, nightlife, etc). If you are miserable you won't do well in school.