Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Another Bruiser Folding Hand

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.83 BB

He's UTG and raises, pot is 4 ways on the flop but that doesn't deter him from 3 betting. The only hands that I can think of that I have beat are 99 or two overcards and flush draw (just a few combinations of that AQ AK QK).
Old 04-26-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Another Bruiser Folding Hand

You are getting 16-1. I think thats enough to spike your 2 outer even if you think you are behind more than 4 times out of 5.

-SmileyEH
Old 04-26-2005, 01:38 AM

I don't think your beat on the flop but hes definetly drawing to alot of outs and is in postion for a free card....Is my thinking wrong here? Correct me
Old 04-26-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]
???
Old 04-26-2005, 01:42 AM

Bruiser that preflop coldcall is brutal, especially in a six handed game. If you had three bet the hand would have been a lot easier to play. Anyhow Im not crazy this fold without some good player info. Shorthanded these guys will raise all sorts of stuff, even UTG. This is close but I get to a showdown here.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser that preflop coldcall is brutal, especially in a six handed game. If you had three bet the hand would have been a lot easier to play. Anyhow Im not crazy this fold without some good player info. Shorthanded these guys will raise all sorts of stuff, even UTG. This is close but I get to a showdown here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 9-handed. The converter messed up.

I would 3-bet PF unless I had a specific read that told me not to, though.

Rob
Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 AM

yah 9 handed sorry for confusion
Old 04-26-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 16-1. I think thats enough to spike your 2 outer even if you think you are behind more than 4 times out of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
Without the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], is it really worth it?
Old 04-26-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold call is pretty bad period in the Party 15/30. Brusier, I think you're still carrying some NL habits into the game with you. TT is a really good hand in limit hold em.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold call is pretty bad period in the Party 15/30. Brusier, I think you're still carrying some NL habits into the game with you. TT is a really good hand in limit hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to auto-three bet TT is any situation, but Nate if there's any situation to cold call with TT, it's here right? UTG raised, UTG+1 called, so right now there are some hands out there. And there are still several people left behind us.