Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Interpoker exchange rate

Sorry if this is one of those oft repeated questions... I searched without success.

Wondering about the exchange rate at interpoker - if I buy in with dollars at a table that is playing british pounds, then get dollars back when I leave the table, are they using an even rate?

If not, how bad is it? USD games seem to be a lot tighter (at least while I was there).

jd
Old 09-14-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Interpoker exchange rate

I think they use an even rate for conversion back and forth, but when you wire the money to your account I think you get juiced. Their pound games are full of whackos...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 01:17 PM

But your actual account is in US$....they convert as you enter a table and as you leave the table...It's this conversion that the question is about...

So wires will always be in your original currency...

i was wondering the same thing...

Has anyone checked if $ to pounds and straight back is identical?

thanks in advance

Crowsnest
Old 09-14-2004, 02:04 PM

Yes.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:11 PM

Yes, same exchange rate adding chips to a table and cashing out chips from a table. I've encountered a few occasions where they seem to rounding down a penny or two, but it also could be just a problem of not enough significant figures in the exchange rate.

For example, if I buy in at £100 = $179.82 I use 1.7982 for the cashout rate. If I leave with £400 I expect $719.28 but get only $719.26. However, if the exchange rate is really 1.79815, all of these coversions are correct.

I've never encountered a situation which couldn't be explained like this.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:46 PM

Thank you...that's very cool...and very reassuring...sounds like a very fair way to do it...I had my concerns when offfered the exchange rate for a Euro table...now I look forward to the novelty of different currency play

cheers

Crowsnest
Old 09-14-2004, 03:12 PM

Just keep in mind, it's pretty much like your playing at a $2/$4 limit table. - ie make sure you bankrolled.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 12:10 AM

I have noticed North Americans avoid the pound games; play them as the players have the skill set of micro limit players but they are playing for non micro money...... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 07:17 AM

The rake in the POUND games is HIDIOUS!!!! However the play is . . .HIDIOUS

IF you want to see the exchamge rate just buy more chips and enter $1 you will see 1.78 Pounds.

Unless you are playing for over a week straight there should be no difference. In and out
Old 09-16-2004, 01:14 PM

InterPoker skins that accept only deposits in GBP rape you when you deposit and cash out off the room ~2.2% coming in and 2.2% coming out.NOT once you stay within the Room and jump to various games:euros,GBP's etc.

If you deposit say $1000 for at UK Betting for $45 Montly Bonus.You will lose $44 on the currency exchange alone IF you cash in and out..so in reality you are only breaking even when you clear the bonus and cash out.

The best thing to do at these site where you get penalized by cashing in/out..is to keep your money on the site month after month or make small deposits ie $200

Even if you deposit say $500 or $200 monthly with the exchange rates you are still getting screwed out of of $20 and $9 respectively.

I know I veered away from your question..but many people who play for montly bonuses dont understand this..

In my opinion the best games at InterPoker are the GBP and Euro games so you gotta play em.It's the cashing in/out where they phuck you badly.