Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 PM

Default database

Made a post earlier in Micros I meant for here. For anyone who has a relatively small database and doesn't datamine I'd think about getting the one from Krishan. And no, this is not spam. I get nothing for this. Hopefully you know me better than than that now. I was just discussing it off the boards with him and he convinced me to try it out despite the fact that I had a 150k database already. And it helped way more today than I expected. So, I told him I would put a word in. Even if you don't want to get his I'd seriously recommend at least doing some datamining. I forgot for a bit how much I miss PE.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: database

I assumed you paid?

Does datamining really help? When I used to datamine I just found out who the TAGs were because by the time I got stats on the fish they had lost all their money and never returned to the site.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 PM

There are still obviously some I had no reads on when I first sat but noticeably less than before and I 8-table 40 hours a week or more.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Does datamining really help? When I used to datamine I just found out who the TAGs were because by the time I got stats on the fish they had lost all their money and never returned to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't done it very much before, basically just as you mentioned to identify TAGs and avoid them. Now that avoiding them isn't an option at 5/10, I'm trying some datamining to find out stats that don't converge as quickly. It's handy to be able to know someone's fold to river bet % when you're headsup, or their W$@SD. If you are using Gametime, Playerview, or PokerAce datamining is pretty handy in my limited experience. Now if Pokertracker just had a feature to export buddylists I wouldn't even have to think when I play.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM

Cool, I should try doing this again.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now if Pokertracker just had a feature to export buddylists I wouldn't even have to think when I play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Argus, I think you'll enjoy this thread.

Edit: Scroll down to my post in that thread, and underneath it there's an explanation on how to run the script if you're like me and didn't understand how to run it.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:32 PM

Shant,

I'll add also that I do pay more attention to showdown and blind steal/defend stats now than before so obviously having more stats on the tighter players helped out quite a bit as well.

Chief
Old 08-23-2005, 10:41 PM

Now if Pokertracker just had a feature to export buddylists I wouldn't even have to think when I play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Argus, I think you'll enjoy this thread.

Edit: Scroll down to my post in that thread, and underneath it there's an explanation on how to run the script if you're like me and didn't understand how to run it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

That was too tedious to do by hand, but now I have a fish.txt file with over 350 entries with VP$PF &gt; 40%. Many more than from my previous haphazard system.