Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #1

The preflop raise has everything to do with curtains stack, methinks. I'm betting he makes this steal raise FAR more frequently with 2K in chips vs. 1K. If the BB is a 2+2'er it certainly figures in as well, as I think it's a safe assumption they would at the very least be aware of each other and maybe even have a decent history.

Because the two factors I just mentioned are obvious to the BB as well, I believe his hand range is looser than normal, maybe something as loose as 55+, A8+, TJs+, JQo+.

Anyway the flop play of curtains totally baffles me. I'd really like to know what his action would have been if the BB would have potted the flop.

Maybe the bet of 60 confused him and he decided to "call for information" knowing the BB would likely check behind on the turn if he was bluffing. Once the BB exposed himself with the turn check, curtains vowed to call any reasonable river bet. He hated the river but called as planned, and lost.

That is the only logical scenario I can construct for this line. I'm eager to hear the truth on this one.