Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: KQo hand out of position.

[ QUOTE ]
This opponent was calling the raise with 22 or better. I have little doubt...especially considering my play will seem pretty odd to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious, if you held QQ in this spot and reversed roles (where you are the villian)...do you call the checkraise?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:52 PM

I probably would knowing I shouldn't. But it's one of those situation where you just know what he has but have to see it...know what I mean?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would knowing I shouldn't. But it's one of those situation where you just know what he has but have to see it...know what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Like I said, facing a checkraise here, Id be like: game over man...game over.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:19 AM

Bet, 3-bet dude.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:17 AM

He called the turn C/R. He either wants to go to showdown or is chasing a draw. I think against your "normal" PF 3-betting range opponent this is an easy bet on the river. You know he didn't 3-bet AK so that only leaves PP's that would like a showdown and will see it as cheap as possible or AQs that you are not getting a dime more from.
Now with this players range being larger and his bet(draw) when checked to mentality the "check the river" to induce a bluff becomes closer, but I don't think close enough to risk it getting checked through. As we extend his range to AT/9/8(for the induced bluff) we must also extend it to 66-22(for the would like to see a showdown cheaply)...I think. We also miss out on any (although slim) 3-bet opportunities.