Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Poker can be fun. One for Nicky...

Hey chief,

I'm a bit puzzled about your description of said opponent. Most maniacs that I know don't raise preflop, call a 3-bet, then check-call down on an ATJ board.

If you really think he's calling with K-high, by all means, bet the river. But if that's the case you left something out in your initial read, and it's something that's incredibly important.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:50 AM

Hey Entity,

It was very puzzling to me too. The numbers I gave (96/76/3.xx and high WTSD%) were all from this session and I had only noticed him check/calling once before when he showed down a J or Q-high or something. So I guess he's a maniac who very occasionally just check/calls??? I really don't know.

Chief
Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Entity,

It was very puzzling to me too. The numbers I gave (96/76/3.xx and high WTSD%) were all from this session and I had only noticed him check/calling once before when he showed down a J or Q-high or something. So I guess he's a maniac who very occasionally just check/calls??? I really don't know.

Chief

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen players like this more than a couple of times. PF and flop maniacs who go soft on bigger streets for whatever reason.