Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: anyone here ever drive drunk? c\'mon... admit it! (you morons!)

Hard, especially in some cities. It basically means not going out or not drinking, in many places where you have to drive to get anywhere, like Southern California. Young people always want to go out, and usually want to drink, so leaving the car behind doesn't work. Designated drivers probably have a better chance of working, or not drinking as much or stopping drinking a couple of hours before the party is over, as well as drinking a lot more water to dilute the booze and help piss some of it out.

Practically speaking, moderation is better than nothing. As is learning to have a good time without getting totally cranked.

Definitely the "But I'm still a good driver" baloney is a total dead end. Denial or thinking you're special is no help at all.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on, how often does crap like this happen? Not that often. People drive around drunk and get in accidents every weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besidse, his argument is stupid and childish. Basically, he's saying "Well, because it's dangerous to the public that certain old people are allowed to drive, I should be allowed to put the public in danger too."

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show one quote where I state people should be allowed to drive drunk. All I've been doing in this thread is pointing out that people make dumb superlatives about drunk driving.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:59 PM

I was so drunk one time, driving back to my apartment from a college party. I was so drunk I remember pushing on the brake and not feeling anything. And it was like I was looking out the window and noticing that I was slowing down. The road was busy too. Phew.

What a moran.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Driving drunk was by far the worst mistake I have ever made. I almost killed one of my passengers when I crashed into a tree. Besides that, the legal hassles and tremendous expenses, in addition to not being able to drive have really taken a toll on my quality of life for the past year. It sucks, don't do it. You might get away with it for a long time (I did), but if you drive drunk regularly, something bad WILL HAPPEN. There's nothing I can really say to convince stupid people that this can happen to them, but it can. Hell, I wouldn't have believe it either if I didn't live it.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:41 PM

That's the thing. All these bad things seem impossible to happen because the odds can be long, but once the stakes get really high, it might as well make the odds a lot shorter, because what happens when your number hits can be so incredibly harsh. A good gamble is not just based on the likelihood of your number coming up, but also on what happens if it does.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I advise you to injure your spinal cord, so you will no longer be able to drive. Try diving into a shallow pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you almost got your wish.

Tonight, a woman rammed into the back of my car [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. My twin brother was with me. He had a few drinks. I was sober. She said she didn't drink, and the police believed her.

My head is killing me. I hope my spinal cord is ok. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]