Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM

Default TPTK Flop c/r

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($135.70)
Button ($99.75)
SB ($154.90)
BB ($58.45)
UTG ($47.10)
UTG+1 ($114.25)
UTG+2 ($89.57)
MP1 ($160.19)
MP2 ($96.60)
MP3 ($88.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.50, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($14) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button folds, SB calls $10, BB calls $10, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $35</font>, MP1 folds, Hero ......

No real reads on any opponents. Not sure what the correct flop play is here. What range of hands are you giving to UTG+1? SB? BB? Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: TPTK Flop c/r

BUMP

Anyone?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:48 PM

I probably would've reraise preflop...I don't like letting minraises through when i have a good hand, they tend to get too many callers (which they did).

I'd probably call here on the flop and reevaluate the turn, but I'm not sure thats correct.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would've reraise preflop...I don't like letting minraises through when i have a good hand, they tend to get too many callers (which they did).

I'd probably call here on the flop and reevaluate the turn, but I'm not sure thats correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. You're calling $25 into a $69 pot, and you've got position, so I think calling is fine. On turn the pot will be $94 and eff. stacks will be $77, so I'd probably check behind (or fold to a bet) on a blank turn and call reasonable river bet, since any turn bet will commit us and we want as cheap of a showdown as possible. Hopefully we can get to it thanks to our position.

I think if the C/R was bigger we could get away from this, but I like the odds + position.

The minraise from EP could be anything, including 22, 33, 23s, but TPGK + other garbage seems well within his range to defend his donkbet.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you make it? Do you want to get this heads up or do you want to put in enough to invite a blind along?

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. You're calling $25 into a $69 pot, and you've got position, so I think calling is fine. On turn the pot will be $94 and eff. stacks will be $77, so I'd probably check behind (or fold to a bet) on a blank turn and call reasonable river bet, since any turn bet will commit us and we want as cheap of a showdown as possible. Hopefully we can get to it thanks to our position.

I think if the C/R was bigger we could get away from this, but I like the odds + position.

The minraise from EP could be anything, including 22, 33, 23s, but TPGK + other garbage seems well within his range to defend his donkbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the fact that he c/r when both the SB and BB called my bet affect what hands he will raise w/ here? Or can his bet still be a bluff - as in either 1) air, 2) spades or, 3) lower pair than Q's - and we have the best hand?

Thanks