Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: I CAN\'T WIN!!...Heads-Up Help!!

Ok, it has only been one day, but I feel this is very good advice. I had been previously just trying to run people over by going in every SB. Clearly they catch on...and it loses its affectiveness after a few hands.

Today I have been starting out this way, but then changing gears when I feel its warranted. I tried mini-raising from the SB, even just calling a couple times. It seems like they can't catch on at all to what I am trying to do, then I go back to running them over when I feel I can get away with it.

I have 2 firsts and 2 seconds today. However, I was shorstacked in both of the ones I got second in. I'll keep working but I already feel more confident...thanks for the advice.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: I CAN\'T WIN!!...Heads-Up Help!!

I had similar results where I had far more 2nds and 3rds than 1sts. However, looking deeper into it I figured out that PT wasn't getting a lot of my 1st place summaries. Try going to Party and Affiliates tournament results-manual entry (assuming you play on Party)and scroll down through your existing tournaments. If there are tourneys where they show finishers 2-10 and your name isn't there, then you need to manual enter your name for first. Hope this helps.