Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 08:38 PM

Default A lot of calling with JJ

UTG+1 is 14/6/1.61 but this is a limited 50 or so hands.
MP2 is 55/8/0.31 over a similar limited sample because I don't mine this level.

I've only been at the table a couple orbits and haven't done much.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.83 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.83 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls

Let me have it.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: A lot of calling with JJ

I think I would cap flop or perhaps 3-bet turn. UTG+1 could have AK with Ah. I'm not ready to give anyone credit for flopping a flush or hitting a set of aces on the turn until I get raised.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 PM

i don't like just calling on the flop, OR just calling on the turn. your equity is too high vs a flush draw esp. 3 handed so unless the guy flopped the flush you want as much going in as possible. sometimes i wait til the turn with a hand like AJ here, for obvious reasons.

to me the turn is an obvious 3 bet.. by the way, why no preflop cap?

i would feel sick not putting in more action on this hand
Old 12-25-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like just calling on the flop, OR just calling on the turn. your equity is too high vs a flush draw esp. 3 handed so unless the guy flopped the flush you want as much going in as possible. sometimes i wait til the turn with a hand like AJ here, for obvious reasons.

to me the turn is an obvious 3 bet.. by the way, why no preflop cap?

i would feel sick not putting in more action on this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 check 3bet this flop, look at his stats. I think I like this hand just fine.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:02 AM

I think I really out-thought myself preflop. Even against a 6 and an 8 PFR I should cap preflop.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:11 AM

I don't play 15/30 and I'm sure it's more aggro than I'm used to, but I think the default by-the-book PF play is to fold JJ against a raise and a reraise. Looking at these stats, a 6 PFR opens and an 8 PFR 3-bets (and if he's playing over half his hands but only raising 8% of them, I doubt he's 3-betting with anything worse than JJ. AQs/AKo maybe. But you're also not closing the action. I dunno... everyone here loves playing JJ for any number of bets PF, but it's close for me.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:35 AM

I think this is an easy cap preflop. A 55/8 is 3betting an enormous range of hands here from 77+, KQ+ and AJ/AQ+.

I would cap the flop and 3 bet the turn. I'm still putting these guys on a fairly large range that does not involve a Flush or set of Aces at this point. Plus you have tons of outs against a made flush. Stop hanging out with nits [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I really out-thought myself preflop. Even against a 6 and an 8 PFR I should cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't even think about those stats, since you said you had a very limited # of hands on them..

ok i lied, it's because i never look at the stats, but looking back i don't think you can draw a conclusion that makes you call instead of raise preflop
Old 12-25-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a pfr of 6 and a pfr of 8 after thousands and thousands of hands this becomes close to a fold. Given that you have such limited data, you should be jamming the [censored] out of this because the default assumption is that at 15/30 players are more aggressive.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:56 PM

Why didn't you 3-bet the turn?