Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Spewy Mc Spew Spew

TAG opens in the CO, I 3bet on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls, TAG calls. BB is unknown at this point.

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, TAG calls, I call.

Turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, TAG folds, I raise.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Spewy Mc Spew Spew

BB betting into two players on the flop after that Preflop action sure doesn't seem like a bluff. BB also won't put you on a straight after your preflop action. I'd just call here and hope to hit a flush. It would suck to get 3-bet by a legitamate straight.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:33 AM

Unless SB is notoriously and consistently passive when it comes to scare cards, there isn't much reason to raise here.... haha unless you have a read as this guy being a high card maniac that could be donking around with broadways... but even then, a call behind could be argued as more appropriate.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:43 AM

I would like to have a read in my back pocket that states (Has the ability to bet fold). Without that read, I think that I call. You have about 642 outs and need to hit to win in my opinion.

Call without a read.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, TAG folds, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 PM

meh.

sb/bb guy has something. your turn raise looks like you picked up a flush draw.

he doesn't buy that you have a 4.

your equity is huge, sure, but there's a decent chance (albeit, not necessarily) you're behind. i'm thinking... pocket pair higher than 6

i don't think it buys you a free showdown all that often, either

in other words... i just call.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 PM

Just as a reminder to everyone in case they didn't notice (maybe you did), but we don't have a gutshot draw. A 4 puts a straight on the board. That is all.

And I'd just call the turn too, I don't expect him to fold a better hand and I don't want to get 3-bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:24 PM

All - I agree. Just calling the turn is way way way better. My (bad) thought when raising was that he'll have a hard time 3betting me at all given his range, but I just don't think that thinking was correct. It's just one of thsoes raises that doesn't make sense and really very effectively represents exactly waht I have, overcards with a flush draw.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:44 AM

Default result

he 3bet (doh). I caught a diamond on the river like a fish. He bet, I raised, he called, my hand was good. He has QQ.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 AM

While your busy charging yourself to draw, why don't you give yourself a nice kick in the nuts to go with it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He won't fold an ace, as he'll have at least a 2 overcard + gutshot draw. He won't fold a pocket pair, as they are all sets, straights, and overpairs to the board. He won't fold a pair, because people don't fold pairs heads up on rag boards like this, especially since he has 4 outs for half the pot to go with what must look like 5 super clean outs.

In other words, your play only makes sense to fold a total bluff like JT and keep him from catching the river. This is rare. All the other times, you're just charging yourself to draw, and giving him the opportunity to 3-bet you. Why would you do that?

-Eric