Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand#Horsd\'oeuvres

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing 70% would be crazy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're pushing SNGPT-70%, you're pushing 87o. The range is:

22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J2+,T5o+,T2s+,96o+,94s+,87o,85s+,7 5s+.

But you only need to be pushing 45% (22+,A2+,K2+,Q6o+,Q2s+,J9o+,J7s+,T8s+) to make it correct for BB to call with top 30% (and for SB to call with top 26%).

I understand that of course most of your opponents aren't calling optimally, but the margin seems to be kinda wide here.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the past few posts of yours you seem to be giving villain's too much credit to illustrate a specific point. Yes, the situations you've described happen, but they are not the norm and can't be treated as such in analysis. No knock on you, I really like your posts because they're so thoughtful; just an observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's generally quite a fair point; this is a serious leak I have & it's hard for me to compensate for it to the right degree because it's kinda central to my personality. In this spot though I just don't know how much credit I should give to the Villains as I've never once in my life played a $200 SnG. Or even a $100, for that matter.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 AM

I believe pushing is correct and that most of the time it will be slightly +EV. If I know the BB very well or play with them a lot and they understand that I will push too much, I may fold instead, because now they will call me with crap like K4o without much thought, thus making my push clearly -ev. In any case even if it was neutral EV, Im going to be paying a blind in a few hands and that will be clearly -EV as well, so generally I don't think you need a very large advantage to make such moves.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:39 AM

Default RESULTS

HERO folds.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
HERO folds.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Nh.

Unfortunately for curtains, this will obviously happen from time to time. Mildly amusing though.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:42 AM

No, the reason I folded is because I knew the BB well, and they would easily call with a loose enough range to make pushing -EV. BB was a 2+2er, who Ive talked to about sit and gos extensively. I just found this out now. I suppose this will happen from time to time as long as people don't post actual names with the HH.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the reason I folded is because I knew the BB well, and they would easily call with a loose enough range to make pushing -EV. BB was a 2+2er, who Ive talked to about sit and gos extensively. I just found this out now. I suppose this will happen from time to time as long as people don't post actual names with the HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately for bigt439, this will obviously happen from time to time. Mildly amusing though.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiousity, given the circumstances you just described, can you describe a situation where he would not call with K4o? (Let's assume your only variable in this instance is changing his stack size. Everything about your situation is static.) <font color="white"> I have some guesses, just hoping you'll answer. </font>
Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 AM

I'm not quite sure what you mean. It's possible that if I make it clear that Im not pushing with stuff like 87o here, that in the future they will fold with stuff like K4o. I just can't be pushing on this guy every time like clockwork, or Im going to get looked up.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:56 AM

Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: A ( $1275 )
Seat 2: HERO ( $940 )
Seat 6: B ( $3000 )
Seat 7: C ( $1700 )
Seat 10: E ( $3085)

do you think he would fold K4o in this spot?