Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Orange,

Nice to see someone under 21 who has his head on straight. Don't let the haters bother you. If mom and dad are paying for college, I think giving their opinions the respect they deserve is appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my dad would seriously get pissed if I just snuck behind his back and started setting up my own stuff, taking $500 out of my bank, etc. He's paying for a third of my college, which is a pretty big sum.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Isura take a chill pill. I am right, you know I am right

[/ QUOTE ]

your advice to a person playing 25NL underrolled was to switch to limit. You also called him a bad player, when he's just practicing bad bankroll management. If that was right, i'd hate to see a post where you're wrong.

Orange - after thinking about it, i think you need to reconsider this sequence of events:

[ QUOTE ]
2 weeks ago, found $20 back in his account

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Help, I'm getting raped online... I'm down to my last $100

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 PM

Yes, I suppose I'm freerolling here. It still feels dirty when I'm losing it though. I suppose this is the best way to learn BR management/online variance.

I know many of you can lose 4-buyins without much hurt- its just another day for you. I'm just not used to it I guess.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 AM

I agree with 42 it. You are making the correct choice by asking your parents. A college education is so much more important than a Party Poker account.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I suppose I'm freerolling here. It still feels dirty when I'm losing it though. I suppose this is the best way to learn BR management/online variance.

I know many of you can lose 4-buyins without much hurt- its just another day for you. I'm just not used to it I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not it's not, the best way to learn BR management.
Read "Gambling Theory and other Topics" By Mason Malmuth.

If you can't afford the book keep posting and asking questions.
Although some forum members flame whenever someone asks a BR question eventually you get a good answer.

(Note: As I've said before I took as shot a 600NL with a short bankroll and got hit with the deck and quadrupled my bankroll in a couple of days. I admit I didn't practice what most people would consider good money management.)
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 AM

This is how you do it:

As soon as you open up a table put it in the middle of the screen somewhere. Open one "empty note" for each player (you know the ones you get by right-clicking) decided that within 30 minutes none of these notes should be empty. Start filling in the notes with whatever crap you see. Like "bets draws" "steal raises with crap with many limper" etc. This is not so much for actually use these reads in the future as it is about focusing on the game.