Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Fire again on turn? K9 BLUFF HU

So i noticed me and most others like to fire on flop and turn(Turn seems to be the major point where short handed players tend to make their "Fold or go to SD?" decision.

But i feel i may be leaking some chips by doing so in hopeless situations.

Such as this.
<font color="green">
Now i'm new to the table, the only thing i noticed if he built a $15 pot with quad kings(Clean off the flop) and checked around the river like a goofball.

However he seems a bit loose and hasn't been to SD for a while. </font>

Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.50/$1 Stakes (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG Folds, LP Folds, CO Folds, Hero Raises, Small blind Calls, Big blind Calls

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind Checks, Big blind Checks, Hero Bets, Small blind Folds, Big blind Calls

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind Checks, Hero .....? To fire or not to fire?

and what if he calls and river is say... 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ?
Check behind or fold im confident is correct play?

Agree?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Fire again on turn? K9 BLUFF HU

if you raise preflop, bet the flop, and he calls a raggedy A-high flop with no draws, he either peels wayyyyy to many flops or he's got a pair right now. I'd check behind unless I have that note about peeling too much.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 PM

LOADS of guys will peel a card with ace high flop Vs PFR simply because 6max has such a large range of raising hands.

I took this peel as "I dont have an ace, but i think you don't too".

If i check the turn im folding the river to any card except King yeah? What about a 9?

This leaves me open to a bluff but hey.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM

I agree with jba that it's a "pair going to showdown" or "obsessive compulsion to peel flops" and once you know which one that is, then use the read.

As you don't have one, i prefer a turn check. If there was no overcard to your K on the board i'd be inclined to fire though.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM

I know a lot of guys peel with nothing, that's why my #1 note is "peels with nothing"

"I took this peel as "I dont have an ace, but i think you don't too". "

I don't understand why you narrow things down so much. You don't think he could play an ace this way? nothing about his flop play suggests he doesn't have an A!

yeah I'm calling a K/9 river.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Enough responses for me to be happy, Cheers you two.

He took aggeess to call the turn and i checked behind on the river. He fliped J5 for 2pair and took the pot.

I'll monitor him closely next time and try get a "peeler" or "any pair to SD" read.

Good stuff guys.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM

You can try checking the turn to induce a river bluff against an aggressive player. Then if the river looks really bad you can even fold.

This really depends on the player and a good read. He might even have a weak A and think he's outkicked.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you narrow things down so much. You don't think he could play an ace this way? nothing about his flop play suggests he doesn't have an A!

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that he check/called the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] 5/10 is out of my league, but do villains commonly c/c -&gt; c/r vs a steal here?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that he check/called the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, And i was right. people usually tell you if they have an ace where i play, but hey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 06:20 PM

the problem is that (even more so at these kind of levels) most of these guys are not only "any pair to SD", but ALSO "compulsive peelers" all in one.

its clearly not a distinct split.

i routinely fire again on the turn in these kind of hands, without a very decent read. it is my experiance that villain here could have almost any 2 cards a large proportion of the time.