Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Hrrm, KQo hand. And KJo.

I felt pretty sheepish calling this one down, but I can't seem to find a raise or fold anywhere other than preflop. The turn in particular I felt odd about, although I had 7 outs (including overcards) the first time around and odds for the straight the second. River was pot-large, but I still felt dumb for calling.

No particular reads on the villains, but the table in general has been pretty aggressive.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls $0.50 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

And here's a bonus hand: Villain is an extremely aggro TAG (postflop AF of 6.75 after 135 hands) who oddly enough I don't have much other reads on--perhaps I was datamining him a while ago. He hesitated a good while before openraising. I was torn between 3-betting preflop and calling/checkraising any non-A flop and chose the latter, and the latter won out. Thoughts?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Hrrm, KQo hand. And KJo.

I would just check/fold hand 2.

Hand 1, only thing debatable IMO is the first turn call. Fairly close but I think it's okay.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM

i like hand 1.

i think your reasoning for hand 2 seems very likely bordering on FPS, particularly with the chance of your overs being tainted.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:35 AM

Hand 1. Good. Turn is close but fine.

Hand 2. KJo is not a hand I want to be playing OOP against a super aggressive opponent. I fold preflop.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:35 AM

Hand 1: A read on villain would really be nice. Is he going to check-raise with top pair on the turn or is it indicating a stronger hand?

Hand 2: I don't care about his AF as much as I care about his PFR. If he's auto open-raising any playable hand from that position, I don't mind taking a flop.

The flop came down very ragged, and he's probably auto-betting/raising the flop. Is his AF so high because he's a raise/fold player or is he bet-bet-bet-bet-bet? You might consider check-call, bet if he's raise/fold and his PFR is a little high.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:40 AM

You just can't fold hand 2. Assume that you have 40% equity here (which figures to be close).

EV = 14.5*40% - 5 = +0.8 SB

He is aggressive so we can expect him to bet it all the way down, correct?

Brad
Old 12-04-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is aggressive so we can expect him to bet it all the way down, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think perhaps I was a bit misleading in my description of him. The numbers bore out 15VPIP/8PFR/7AF, but the low VPIP means that 150 hands on the guy is way more than the hands that matter. It's clear he knows how to bet good hands but perhaps it's a little early to judge completely.

I'm looking at Hand 1 again and while I'll accept that my turn call was good I'm getting a bit worried about calling the flop. I've got what, 3.5 outs there with the overcards and two-gapper? I don't think 8.5:1 was good enough there...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 AM

I don't understand your concern with hand 1. Your K and Q outs are likely to be clean on the flop, so the call is good.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Grunch:
Hand 1: I thought the flop was fine. Your overs look ok.

Turn: I counted 3 ten outs(no d)3outs overs so 6.7 to 1 getting 6.25 to 1 P.O. I thought the implied turned it to a call. After UTG ck/r I thought he had a J but call with 9.25 BB in.

River: I like call cause you could be behind to 2 pair

Hand 2: When you said vill was extreme ag TAG. Doesn't the T in TAG mean good preflop standards in most cases. Was the whole table ag? I might fold this preflop. Only 1 BB invested. Playing these types HU is not my strong suit.
That flop probably missed him too but he could be raising to the showdown so I DON'T KNOW! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 01:12 PM

I don't understand this. Could you break it down for the simple minded. How did you come to 40% P.E.?
Please break down the equation.
Just trying to learn.
Cat