Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Beat Bullets?

All right, back to basics. Just formed this table, we're at about the third hand or so, thus no reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...

Rrrrrrgh. That's a pretty drawless board for him to check/3-bet on; only thing I could put him on is trips. If he's got 'em I don't come close to having odds to draw to my 2-outer even with implied odds. I still want to peel but I feel like I'm chasing. Should I be letting go at this point? Would a better line have been to cap the flop and muck if he still wants to play at me on the turn (I don't like this line but who knows)?

Edit: 77 is a possibility as well to be sure, but I'd still need to spike an A to win.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Beat Bullets?

I don't seem myself folding this. I think you'll see an overplayed top pair or an overpair enough times to make calling down profitable.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:01 PM

Cap the flop, then go WA/WB of check/call turn &amp; riv to the BB's bet. By the way, what does the SB hold here in your opinion? If a club falls on the riv &amp; the SB bets first, then what?

Either way, I'm probably going to the show down at least for the reads. I fold to a bet/raise from the blinds as they will show down if that happens.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM

Just slow down on the turn; you don't really have to protect your hand there so go WA/WB
Old 12-02-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a club falls on the riv &amp; the SB bets first, then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened. However, the river was the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]! SB made his flush and BB had 63s for a smaller boat.

That said, even after we capped the final pot was just over the 23BB threshhold to make the turn call good--if it were the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I wouldn't have had the implied odds to peel. I still feel like I kindof pulled a donkish suckout, but it's nice to be on the receiving end of those for once [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 PM

Baring reads I think you need to call this down to get a read and because it's entirely possible you are playing someone who thinks you have a big ace and think their 88 is good. Never feel bad about sucking out people who play any two suited to a raise.