Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 AM

Default A set

Down to 200 int the PS 11r, outta 800 entrants

My stack 35K, my Image is thight, been at table 6 orbits and not played a hand apart from a blind defense( activ table and establishing reads)and 1 hand immidiately before this one where I lost 11 k to a pf push all inn from a short stack in mp, where I called on bb with AQs and lost to AJos

UTG I pick up 22red blinds 400/800 ante 50, I just call-would fold to any significant raise, but was hoping that my image would help me get in cheaply. Lp and bb call

Flopp 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet 1900

Lp quikly raises it to 5K his stack 38K, my read on him is that he has been activ at the table and when I entered it he had 24K, not afraid to make moves and splash some chips, but handles his post flopp good. How would you read this bet?

BB folds action is on me, what line would you take? Push, call and decide dependent on turncard?
Would you get in pf differently? Anything pf that would have made the hand more clearcut?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: A set

u hit exactly what u limped in for - u have to figure LP for the likes of KQ protecting a flush draw or on a flush draw himself. Given your read you have to fancy he raises preflop with KK or 88 and so you have to be ahead - put him under pressure - in they go imo.

stoneii
Old 11-16-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: A set

I agree. push to put the pressure back on him to see if his top pair or flush draw is worth it. He could have limped with 88 much like you though. Cheap flop, big pay off.