Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: nfl mnf 11/14 GOY

start jumpin if you bet philly
Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Eagles a team to fade the rest of the way?

A loss like this, putting them in a 2-game hole in the division, could have a devastating effect on the team (especially with T.O. gloating in the background).

The Eagles might be a team to consider fading in a serious way the rest of the year. We'll see if Reid can pull the team together, like Parcells did for the Cowboys after the similar collapse against the Redskins.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Eagles a team to fade the rest of the way?

[ QUOTE ]
A loss like this, putting them in a 2-game hole in the division, could have a devastating effect on the team (especially with T.O. gloating in the background).

The Eagles might be a team to consider fading in a serious way the rest of the year. We'll see if Reid can pull the team together, like Parcells did for the Cowboys after the similar collapse against the Redskins.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think McNabb might be done for the year. Reports are he has a torn groin and with the Eagles basically out of it he might as well have that Hernia surgery.

This all falls on the Eagles defense to me. In years past they won these kind of games because the defense did not allow those touchdowns. Lito and Sheldon Brown have been really bad this year. Plus, it looks like Dawkins has lost a step or two (he got lit up by Peerless Price). This has really hurt their blitz packages and allowed them give up alot of big plays.

Fading the Eagles makes me sick, it's hasn't worked out well for me since Rich Kotite.

By the way, has anyone heard from CcX? I think he might have been drunk enough to jump last night. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Or he could come with my other Eagles friends and hop on the Bears bandwagon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This all falls on the Eagles defense to me. In years past they won these kind of games because the defense did not allow those touchdowns. Lito and Sheldon Brown have been really bad this year. Plus, it looks like Dawkins has lost a step or two (he got lit up by Peerless Price). This has really hurt their blitz packages and allowed them give up alot of big plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think the Eagles defense played very well the last 2 weeks. They only gave up 17 and 14 points the last 2 weeks, which should be enough to win both games. This really was McNabb's, and I think Andy Reid for calling a pass play that has such a high risk of disaster as well, fault. Reggie Brown ran the correct route on the play; it was McNabb that misread the coverage and threw the INT.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think the Eagles defense played very well the last 2 weeks. They only gave up 17 and 14 points the last 2 weeks, which should be enough to win both games. This really was McNabb's, and I think Andy Reid for calling a pass play that has such a high risk of disaster as well, fault. Reggie Brown ran the correct route on the play; it was McNabb that misread the coverage and threw the INT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Reid's play calling has not helped. I still never remember the Eagles letting a team punch it in from inside the five as easily as the Redskins and Cowboys have the past two weeks. That has always been the key to this defense. They are stingy and give up very few touchdowns. I just wonder if this was true last year, but was masked by how good the offense was playing.