Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: QQ FT Love Fest 2006

i just started playing exclusively on full tilt so im encountering swarms of these people and their senseless betting patterns so im trying to adjust

im a jammer by nature and lately ibe been trying to avoid it when min raised, i suppose this is a leak of some sort, as i definitely have to make hard decisions. perhaps its best to CALL in position and go gangbusters out of position to equalize the hand. the more i think of that the more i like it.

he had AhQ, and probably would have gotten all in with me on the flop, the overpair vs sf gutshot+over scenario is not a race i have much faith in myself to win

btw how bad is his river check? he thought i had a full house! obviously he doesnt know how i play sets on monotone boards, thats a spot where i saw screw caution, myself
Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 PM

This is crazy, I had nearly the exact same hand Saturday on the Paradise $500. I (~500) standard raise $20 w/ J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in early-middle and get called by CO (he covers, this guy is sort of unpredictable and overvalues hands. Seems like he can convince himeself of your holdings to suit his needs), now its HU.

Flop (~45) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I pot it, CO minraises, I call

Turn (~$200) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet $150, he calls

River ~($500) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $150, he pushes, I call he flips 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the straight. While we are at it, hows my line? I thought I played it right, except for the river, but I felt like if I checked he would push with anything. But I committed myself anyway, so I dunno.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the easiest way to play this hand is to jam the flop.
The only hand you're dead to is the NF.
Other than that you are either ahead or have enough outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 PM

If his hand range includes, all sets, all straight and all flushes, including the Nf, i would think intuitively ur about a 40:60 dog, and im a gambler, push the flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe this isnt the most optimal way to play this hand, but when I am in doubt i take the path of least caution.

[/ QUOTE ]

TBG, I respect your playing style a lot. As a guy that is working on being more of a LAG player can you explain this in more detail.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:40 PM

Its more fun, and the table knows im not laying a hand like this, makes my decisions a lil easier...ill go into more detail later, playing right now
Old 11-14-2005, 02:52 PM

yeah my opponents continue to push on me with flush draws all day long regardless :-/