Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: PL HU hand vs. Ilya

Can't ilya be calling the turn with the intention of betting/bluff-raising the river?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, if I were in Ilya's spot I wouldn't have limped from the button, made a continuation bet on the flop, or fired that weak-puke pseudo-value second barrell prayer bet on the turn.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still have said this if bones had not revealed that I folded on the river?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, if I were in Ilya's spot I wouldn't have limped from the button, made a continuation bet on the flop, or fired that weak-puke pseudo-value second barrell prayer bet on the turn.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still have said this if bones had not revealed that I folded on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just saying that I would never use the betting sequence you used... it didn't have anything to do with your fold on the river.

I also may have lost my stack on the hand.

Irieguy
Old 11-10-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just saying that I would never use the betting sequence you used... it didn't have anything to do with your fold on the river.

I also may have lost my stack on the hand.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...hmmm.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:55 AM

Similar hand, at least as far as the river bet is concerned. (Not against Ilya)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1370)
BB (t1630)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t140.

Turn: (t520) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.

River: (t920) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t910</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: t2030