Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: if you\'re betting eagles/redskins

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His teams of the last 5 years averaged a 12-4 record and none of them were worse than 11-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're smart enough to know that a 12-4 team one year is not 'better' or 'worse' per se than an 11-5 team the next year - talent and schedule are two big factors in determining when teams are better than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course not. The Eagles have played a tough schedule this year but they've still looked relatively mediocre all things considered. Can you really say that about any of the 00-04 teams through the midpoint of the season? I suppose you could make an argument for the 00 team but that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

2003 they looked just as bad. Same record (4-3). They got blown out in the first 2 games of the season and McNabb looked really really bad. But in 2003 his problem was trying to play with a wrapped thumb which was fixed by just not wrapping it anymore; this year he has an injury that won't go away all season.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
talent and schedule are two big factors in determining when teams are better than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree W-L is hardly the be all end all...the Eagles went a nice 11-5 in 00 but faced a very weak schedule.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, of course not. The Eagles have played a tough schedule this year but they've still looked relatively mediocre all things considered. Can you really say that about any of the 00-04 teams through the midpoint of the season? I suppose you could make an argument for the 00 team but that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides last year, every Eagles team since 2000 has been pretty mediocre before November.

In 2003, they were 4-3 going into November.
In 2002, they were 5-2 going into November.
In 2001, they were 3-3 going into November.
In 2000, they were 5-4 going into November.

In 2005, they are 4-3 going into November.

Andy Reid is 35-10 in the months of November and December, including at least 3 'throwaway' losses when there was nothing left to play for in the last game or the last two games.

In 2000, the team featured such offensive superstars as Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, Stanley Pritchett, and Darnell Autry.

In 2001, we got to see the debut of the amazing James Thrash-Todd Pinkston receiving duo, almost unmatched in talent across the whole league.

2002 ushered in year 2 of the "Good Hands Brothers" in Thrash and Pinkston, adding fossil Antonio Freeman into the mix as the slot receiver.

Please continue telling me that this is arguably the worst team since 2000, and if you could do it every Monday that would be great, since Mondays are typically bad days for me, and I could use the laugh.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM

I edited my previous posts.

Let me summarize: this is a good team in a bad spot, nothing more or less.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:40 PM

line is back on at +/- 3

see you at the finish line [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]