Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: if you\'re betting eagles/redskins

[ QUOTE ]
Haha...all that said, this was a pretty bad spot for the Eagles before TO went down

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how. Andy Reid has an AMAZING record after a loss. (17-3 since 2000) I loved them to win outright beforehand (I know, homer blah blah), and I don't LOVE them now, but still think that they will. Why don't you make a CCx-play in your picks with a unit on the ML [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let the Reggie Brown era begin!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a shame they let go Darnererererian McCants, I hope they've re-signed him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha...all that said, this was a pretty bad spot for the Eagles before TO went down

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how. Andy Reid has an AMAZING record after a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with earlier teams that were better than the one currently playing for him. Washington was just humiliatingly shut out in a divisional game -- their focus for Sunday night is going to be unparalelled in the Gibbs 2 era. I'd prob argue the same regardless of who was going into FedEx.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let the Reggie Brown era begin!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a shame they let go Darnererererian McCants, I hope they've re-signed him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of FedEx...where's my fellow Bruin alumnus FredEx when needed? lol
Old 11-05-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, with earlier teams that were better than the one currently playing for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. He is 17-3 after a loss since 2000. Try not to lose too much money on the game if you bet it.. I'll do the same [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, with earlier teams that were better than the one currently playing for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. He is 17-3 after a loss since 2000. Try not to lose too much money on the game if you bet it.. I'll do the same [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I didn't make myself clear, this doesn't make sense. If the team Reid is currently coaching is worse than his teams that held a record of 59-21 from 00-04, then the 17-3 number doesn't indicate anything about how this year's team will perform off a loss.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I didn't make myself clear, this doesn't make sense. If the team Reid is currently coaching is worse than his teams that held a record of 59-21 from 00-04

[/ QUOTE ]

I can read, thanks.

My point was, there is no way that this is his worst team of the last 5 years.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless I didn't make myself clear, this doesn't make sense. If the team Reid is currently coaching is worse than his teams that held a record of 59-21 from 00-04

[/ QUOTE ]

I can read, thanks.

My point was, there is no way that this is his worst team of the last 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

His teams of the last 5 years averaged a 12-4 record and none of them were worse than 11-5. There's a darn good chance this is worst team he's had during that period. I like the Eagles and Reid but really don't like this spot for them. Most of the handicapping I do relies on situational trends and this game pops up as a bad one.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His teams of the last 5 years averaged a 12-4 record and none of them were worse than 11-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're smart enough to know that a 12-4 team one year is not 'better' or 'worse' per se than an 11-5 team the next year - talent and schedule are two big factors in determining when teams are better than others.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His teams of the last 5 years averaged a 12-4 record and none of them were worse than 11-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're smart enough to know that a 12-4 team one year is not 'better' or 'worse' per se than an 11-5 team the next year - talent and schedule are two big factors in determining when teams are better than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course. The Eagles have played a tough schedule this year but they've still looked relatively mediocre all things considered. Can you really say that about any of the 00-04 teams through the midpoint of the season? I suppose you could make an argument for the 00 team but that's it.