Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:36 PM

Default hey dikshit read this...

I used to 8 table 10-20 6max and pay about 30k in rake every month. I now 1 table 1000 nl. usualy not on your site. i may end up paying less than 4k. You and your company are making a bad long term move. I play a lot of live poker. I bad mouth you guys as much as I can to any and eveyone who will listen. If I win a big tournement I will make it my platform to educate everyone about how impotant the rake is. I will mention rakeback in every interview i give. I am just one person but in fighting a big monopoly like you it has to start somewere. If I can make only one person a day leave your site then I am happy. Maybee it dose not hurt you that much but you already lost 20k a month from me. If I gave this much action in bellagio I would expect a lot. Only a chump would give all that action for nothing. Way to chase away your best customers. I hate you. Thats all.

P.S. If the majority of people are so dumb they will pay tens of thousands of dollars a month to play a game then kuddos to you. You need to give something SUBSANTIAL to your best customers that know the value of their dollar.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: hey dikshit read this...

[ QUOTE ]
I used to 8 table 10-20 6max and pay about 30k in rake every month. I now 1 table 1000 nl. usualy not on your site. i may end up paying less than 4k.

[/ QUOTE ]

But aren't you also significantly earning less, as well?

Rake sucks, but it's the price you pay for having access to Party players.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But aren't you also significantly earning less, as well?

Rake sucks, but it's the price you pay for having access to Party players

[/ QUOTE ]

short term yes, but long term without the extra money from rakeback I will be better off fighting the rake by playing in bigger games where the effect of the rake is less. Me playing 8 games but getting a portion of my rake back was a win/win. Now that rake is just my enemy I would rather play less, but bigger games. This hurts them and me because when I played so many hands a month I never had a lossing month even when I had a 300 bb/downswing and they got a lot of rake. Now I will try to get better in NL where good players have a bigger advantage and the fish will go broke quicker. I would rather gambool it up 8 tableing Sh limit where there is much more luck and the fish will be around longer. Fells like a lose lose to me.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM

i thought people wer still getting rake on PP. I am so confused, its not even funny!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:42 PM

Have you read anything on these forums? Rakeback has always been "illegal" on party but that has never stopped it.

If party ever did find a way to kill rakeback I'de be with you though and look into other alternatives.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:46 PM

I don't care how much they make...only how much I can make.
If Party's rake-structure and/or rake-back situation is worse BUT I can still make better money there then I will play there.

FWIW - the rake at the Bellagio is worse than at Party....plus you are pretty much obligated to tip after a won hand. And they don't really give THAT much to their poker players.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW - the rake at the Bellagio is worse than at Party....plus you are pretty much obligated to tip after a won hand. And they don't really give THAT much to their poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't I was just making a point as if I was a blackjack player or somthing. I am a whale in terms of money I pay in rake and will try to ge compensated for my play,
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Party's rake-structure and/or rake-back situation is worse BUT I can still make better money there then I will play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this... However, the message from the OP is clear. Could you guys imagine what party would be like if they treated their players well? A few small reload bonuses every month, rakeback, and support that can speak english (as well as other languages)... they would dominate the market. It will be interesting in a year or two to see who the big poker site is. Granny just posted in the Zoo a pic that shows stars has as many players as party does right now, and numbers at the 'smaller' sites (like ub / absolute) have been up over the last month. It is great to see people who actually care about their customers starting to get more business.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with this... However, the message from the OP is clear. Could you guys imagine what party would be like if they treated their players well? A few small reload bonuses every month, rakeback, and support that can speak english (as well as other languages)... they would dominate the market. It will be interesting in a year or two to see who the big poker site is. Granny just posted in the Zoo a pic that shows stars has as many players as party does right now, and numbers at the 'smaller' sites (like ub / absolute) have been up over the last month. It is great to see people who actually care about their customers starting to get more business.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think Party is doing pretty well how it is operating right now. Can you say $9bil public offering?

Players just don't understand why rakeback is bad for the site. They only think about how it effects them (the player) and not how it effects the site. I won't go into all the reasons, but obviously the 3 biggest sites don't allow RB and most of the terd sites do. There's a reason for that. Can't believe the moderators of this site say otherwise.