Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Quick AK hand

I've only been at the table for a few hands so I don't have much as far as any reads. Everyone seems very passive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero ???

Is it smart to check through or is that simply playing scared? The whole hand I figured one if not both players were on some sort of draw.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Quick AK hand

there's only one player with you at the river. bet for value. he's more likely to have a random pair hand than the 8 for the backdoor straight. you can fold to a check raise.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 PM

Easy value bet on the river. As Miles wrote, it's also a fairly easy fold to a C/R. You'll get called by some weak PP, K5, A2, KJ, who knows. Just bet for value.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:27 PM

I would bet the river, I would actually pay off a c/r for information, for table image (which I typically ignore, but I think one thing even fish notice is when you fold to raises on scary boards), and b/c he might be bluffing, but folding is most likely a better choice.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:29 PM

Bet. You beat A - Q,J,T,9,2 and pocket pairs he decided all with (JJ-99), as well as K8-Q8. You only lose to A - 8,7,6,5,4,3, and he probably would've raised the turn if he hit 2 pair or a set.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems very passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet-fold.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 PM

By the turn I think you would have already heard from an 89 or the two pair.

I definitely think someone could let you bet it the whole way in order to punish you on the river but the check on the River seems like an unmade hand. I would bet it and call a raise.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 PM

Yeah, I'm not too keen on laying down to a C-R here. You have TPTK against one opop who hasn't shown any aggression, and looks to be in WA/WB mode. This is a scary flop that many would be capable of throwing in one more BB, hoping you'll lay down a bigger ace or a bigger PP. You only have to be right 10% oftt.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 PM

*grunch*

I value bet.

If he had a straight worth drawing to, he would have made it on the turn.
If you are beaten, villian played it wrong in at least two places.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up checking through and TPTK was good. I felt confident until that river, and I was just convinced he was playing some hand like A3 or A8. I suppose I need to trust the logical answers and stop worrying about the suck-outs