Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 10-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Bot test = disappearing action buttons?

Each time i click "OK" after having entered the correct text in the bot test window, all my action buttons disapear, and i time out with no DP. Next hand i'm naturally sitting out, and i have to get back in. This is really pissing me off as all hands get folded, no matter what. If a table doesn't have any action buttons at the moment, nothing happens.

Am i the only one this happens to?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Bot test = disappearing action buttons?

No, I've had the same thing happen to me.

I am also still having problems with NLH tables. It is difficult to enter a betting amount.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 PM

I lost several pots because of this. it happened to me twice a day and i decided to stop playing at PP for a while. Some friends of mine are reporting the same issue.

It seems that any hotkey script or program that scrapes the screen or make API calls to client software will trigger this. Maybe the button despearence is related to HD scanning and a Printscreen. But if all this is true , why not all MTH users are experiencing this ?

Two weeks ago I received an email urging me to stop using a software that would provide me an unfair advantage.I suppose they were aiming AutoIt ( advantage ? ). So I uninstalled it.

I have a feeling that the button does not really desapears, they only change colors and are linked to other procedure. That way they can check if some bots are running at that machine.
I need to run an object grabber to check this but i'm afraid of being banned. By the way Im not running a bot.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:55 PM

I have had periodic problems with Party lately. Sometimes I log in and my timer gets very accelerated. Then my buttons disappear immediately and I have no way to act.

It's very frustrating. The only way I've found to fix it once it happens, is to manually reapair my Windows2000 operating system. I use the repair console and replace the system and systemalt files with my backup and reboot. The next time I log into Party it's OK again.

I am not sure if my problem is the same as yours. I have some kind of trojan BOT hiding on my storage drive that I've not been able to get rid of...even after reformatting my system drive and reloading my system. I periodically have to restore my system anyway because this thing wakes up and starts eating my CPU and memory resources. I'm pretty sure my firewall is blocking any outside communication but I just can't get rid of the damn infestation.

I got the bot test a couple times after Party upgraded software, but not recently.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:13 PM

I'm running MTH and AHK... Is the combination of both causing the trouble, or just AHK I wonder????
Old 10-31-2005, 05:19 AM

MTH and AHK should run together without problems. What kind of problems are you experiencing?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:19 AM

I run both and have had no bot test ever (and I don't want one either thanks, Party, if you're reading)
Old 11-02-2005, 04:32 PM

I've been having similar problems (disappearing action buttons, very fast timeouts when trying to join a table). My problem has been happening without running MTH or AHK. The only thing I've had running were allSnap and PokerAceHUD.

I'd been searching around on the web to see if there were any solutions and came across this. It "says" that it is a graphics card acceleration problem. The first time I tried this fix, it worked. But hasn't worked since then.

Just as a point of reference I'm running Windows 2000 and have an Asus A9550 graphics card. I'd been thinking that this may be a graphics card problem since I just got this card. Or possibly something specific to Windows 2K. But after reading this thread, I'm not so sure. Anyone having this problem with Windows XP?