Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Default 5/10 hand with some draws.

3 handed all with 1k
cards: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on button

blinds: 5/10
I make it $25 to go, sb folds, BB calls

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (<font color="blue">pot 55</font>)
I bet $55, SB min raises, I call

turn A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (<font color="blue">pot 275</font>)
SB bets 125, I fold

I don't know what to do here.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: 5/10 hand with some draws.

What do you put SB on?

If you know he doesn't have a flush, then you have to call the turn right? You are getting the right price vs ace/two pair/set.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put SB on?

If you know he doesn't have a flush, then you have to call the turn right? You are getting the right price vs ace/two pair/set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think changes you see two pair or set here are really, really, really low. I'd expect something with the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a pair more like, or possibly the flopped nuts.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you put SB on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think changes you see two pair or set here are really, really, really low. I'd expect something with the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a pair more like, or possibly the flopped nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

really, I think an ace is the most common hand. check minraise with the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and then weak bet the turn, very odd play.

Yeah could be flopped flush, in which case fold is obviously good. AxKh or KhJx are the only two other hands besides a flush that have you in a jam.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM

do you think I'm going to get paid off enough to make drawing profitable? My straight outs are relatively hidden though. Anyone like bluff raise?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 PM

Others have said this, but this is a bad turn fold. But not too bad, just a little bad.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 PM

Probably not on the Q high flush if you make it, but you could get payed on the straight, and you are getting immediate odds if you indeed have 15 outs. I wouldn't try to bluff raise in that spot
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 AM

I can't think of anything good here besides a call, unless you haven't been caught out of line at ALL, in which you may wish to min raise or even pot raise(although that just may commit you if he does decide to push) Folding sure is the easy way out, but if he's tight and you read him for an ace, I prefer raising rather than giving him this pot. Raising is easier than calling a raise, that's for sure, unless he's got the nuts. But he doesn't.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 AM

i peel, fold is ok, raise is ok. I like to peel here tho (obv. if he bets pot, or even 200ish i fold turn). I'd say you have ~11-12 outs, and you have position on your opponent (so should be able to play the river fairly well). Sounds right for a peel
Old 10-18-2005, 02:07 AM

peel? monkey want banana? hungry for mcdonalds monopoly pieces?