Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Default The most important numbers in all this mess!

Party 37,044
Skins 6,889
Total 43,933

Do you see why?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: The most important numbers in all this mess!

yea. we account for tons of partypokers business. look at how many 15/30 or 5/10 - 10/20 6max games are going right now
Old 10-09-2005, 10:21 AM

Think is going to be a very smart move for party if everyone who played at the skins will go there now.
You probably wanna give those numbers a week or so before you draw any conclusions.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea. we account for tons of partypokers business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! Ding!

Now it looks like the "fix" is in. (double entendre)

With Party now allowing 10-tabling and sites now touting that the "unmentionable" is possible with Party, it will be only a matter of time and the high volume players that constitute almost half the action at Party will be back.

Shame we don't have the resolve to stick together at this critical point, as it is clear we are a major factor in this equation.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[This] is going to be a very smart move for party if everyone who played at the skins will go there now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is prticularly true if Party made a really bad deal with the skins before, and got almost none of the revenue the skins generated. That appears to be the case.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 AM

I think some of that is due to people being unable cash their bankroll out of the skins. Those numbers will pick up soon.

In long run I think this is a bad move for Party unless they can come up with a good way to reward high volume players.

Right now there is no incentive for me to play at Party vs some other sites where the games are just as good (or better)

So rather than playing 4 games on Party, I will play 1 or 2 on Party and 2 or 3 on another site. I will still earn the same. Eventually if other sites offer better incentives and provide games, I will play less and less on Party (unless they come up with something).

Overall, there will be fewer games on Party and that means less rake collected (although they will keep a higher percentage). Winning players who play day-in day-out year after year are necessary in order to maintain games. Games cannot be maintained by costantly bringing in new customers, because of the costs and difficulty.

In all of the decisions Party has made recently they have shown no consideration to their most loyal customers. They could have handled this transition a lot better. Ultimately there will be negative consequences of continually disrepecting the customers who will be most profitable over the long term.

What happens will also depend on whether other poker rooms rise to the challenge. They have an opportunity, let's see if they seize it.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! Ding!

With Party now allowing 10-tabling and sites now touting that the "unmentionable" is possible with Party, it will be only a matter of time and the high volume players that constitute almost half the action at Party will be back.

Shame we don't have the resolve to stick together at this critical point, as it is clear we are a major factor in this equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a problem...

If you made an RB deal with Party a while ago, would that agreement still be valid now? I.e. would all the old accounts that were merged together for past affilliates be separated again?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! Ding!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a problem...

If you made an RB deal with Party a while ago, would that agreement still be valid now? I.e. would all the old accounts that were merged together for past affilliates be separated again?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the information I have read from affiliates... Yes.. They flipped the switch back on individual MGR info...WE will see however...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 37,044
Skins 6,889
Total 43,933

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see why, do you?

Current numbers:
Party - 32,000
Skins - 8,000
Total - 40,000

Time: 2pm ET Sunday

The reason: There was a glaring omission on party last night.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason: There was a glaring omission on party last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please.