Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Folding sets in the 22s

the title is tricky, an eight beats u , is it that hard to press the fold button?( im with the OP)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the title is tricky, an eight beats u , is it that hard to press the fold button?( im with the OP)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it that hard to slap yourself in the face for getting fancy in a $22 and then mash the call button? You're winning more than you're losing here, for sure, and you've got a bunch of chances on the river if you are occasionally wrong. I'm shocked anyone can be a winning player at the lower stakes by folding these kind of spots.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you call when he pushes 1000 into a 400 pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I love calling overbets. More often than not I am good in this situation. I expect to see two overs and a flushdraw (with a possible gutshot draw) here.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little shocked. He TELLS YOU HE HAS IT AND WAY OVERBETS THE POT. DOES THAT ACTUALLY SMELL LIKE SOMETHING A SOLID PLAYER WOULD DO WITH A STRAIGHT?!?!?!?!

WTF:!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I said he was solid, not good or logical. He made zero donk plays throughout the sng (disregarding whatever you think about his play this hand). This is something a weak-tight player would say out of fear of getting drawn out by a flush.

I'm not trying to rationalize my play by overanalyzing my opp here. Just explaining his possible mindset.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:37 PM

I don't really think this happens enough for either action to be a huge problem.

I call though.

Yugoslav
<font color="white">But we both know about my 6max propensity to do the same thing and get pwn3d [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. </font>
Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 PM

I'd say he has T9, T7, or T6.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
make it 150 preflop. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises me. I thought it is standard to limp pre-flop during the early levels. Are you saying to raise it because it was folded to small blind and he only completed? So if there are other limpers pre-flop, then checking would be correct, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would raise because it folded to the small blind and he just completed. If there are other limpers to me, (more then two) then I would probably just check and see the flop, but in this case, you're probably way ahead of him, and I would want to just end things now. Especailly with him playing non-donkish. By raising, if ha calles the raise, you can get a better idea of what type of hand he might be playing.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:54 PM

My experience at the $11s has told me when they tell you that they have it, they usually do. Fortunatly he could be behind and still think he "has it". I can't lay this down.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say he has T9, T7, or T6.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 PM

What, you can fold sets in the $22s??!!!??!

To me this is kind of like folding KK preflop. You'll be ahead more often than not, and if they have the cards then that's just the way it is sometimes.