Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 12:10 AM

Default AK....getting the action I wanted and then more than I wanted

Read: Button is a TAG. Over 230 hands his stats are 21/9/1.9 with a W2SD of 31%. From what I have seen, he is a pretty ABC player. His preflop stats seemed indicative of his play -- a touch too loose preflop in spots and not quite aggressive enough in others.

Do we like the turn 3-bet? Do we call down the turn cap UI? What range of hands do you think I should put him on?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero vomits.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: AK....getting the action I wanted and then more than I wanted

I like the turn 3 bet. When he caps it seems like you're screwed to 22, maybe 33 If he is abc I don't see what else he is this aggressive with. Check call the river and then cry.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:02 AM

Why is the turn 3 bet so good?
Old 10-01-2005, 01:09 AM

I think chopping with another AK is possible, and maybe Ah2h after a loose preflop call. Nothing else is reasonable here, but I estimated that about 5% of the time villain has a wierd hand and is doing odd. Reasonable?

EDIT: AA and KK are also possible, though combinatorically unlikely.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:13 AM

Why isn't it? Don't you think villian could be getting out of line with a weaker hand?
Old 10-01-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't it? Don't you think villian could be getting out of line with a weaker hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I really don't. I suppose I could be wrong which is why I asked why it's so good.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:32 AM

If you think that he wouldn't get out of line with a weaker hand than the 3 bet is bad I agree. It very well could be bad, but i guess I'm laggy enought to 3 bet. I'm interested to see what others think.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:49 AM

I think after he raises again on the turn you've gotta assume you're spliting with ak, or you're looking at a set. The only other option I see is ah q/jh. Any hand he takes this line with was misplayed pf, so I think you have to abandon putting him on a hand to some extent and just trust the postflop action.

If you must get in the extra bet, donk the river if it's a black card.