Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Optimal VPIP and PFR% for 6-max NL ring?

I think tight and solid is really the easiest way to beat these games... it's much easier to multi table. Incidentally, I don't mean to thread jack, but do most 6max players 4 table? I usually play 2 6max games and 2 ring games... 4 tabling 6max is intense.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:35 AM

I cant four table 6 max very well, but many do. I can play 2 ring and 2 (6 max) fairly comfortably once i've been there ahile and gotten acclimated.

Ideally, i'd probably stick with 3 tables, 2 short and one full.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:22 AM

I sometimes wonder what my BB/100 would be if I played less tables. The bankroll requirements to play 4 $100NL tables are less than the bankroll requirements to play 1 $400NL table though (hmmm...perhaps I'm starting another thread with that comment).

With respect to my VPIP, I raise with almost anything preflop if I am CO or Button and first one in. Like Jocke_F, I tend to take down the pot on the flop with a continuation bet (2/3 pot is my preferred bet size). The biggest problem 4-tabling with this strategy is that if you are tired or on autopilot, it's hard to identify soon enough at which tables you need to put the brakes on. Against calling stations or other hyper aggressive opponents, you need to switch to classic, TAGGY play. Poker Ace HUD is really helpful, but you need to make sure that you don't get lazy, or else you'll miss the nuances of your opponents' playing styles. You can catch nuances when 4 tabling, but you risk becoming antisocial (my cell phone, AIM, and email are pretty much always off).

After a rough run at $20-$40 and $500NL in Vegas, I've actually been 6-tabling low stakes to build my bankroll back up.

4 $25NL tables and 2 $20+$2 STTs have been the mix (I can't handle more than 4 6-max tables, but my STT strategy is really straightforward) . Suffice to say, I am completely wiped out after these sessions, which usually last 5-6 hours. Today, I just 4 tabled STTs to give my mind a break.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think tight and solid is really the easiest way to beat these games... it's much easier to multi table. Incidentally, I don't mean to thread jack, but do most 6max players 4 table? I usually play 2 6max games and 2 ring games... 4 tabling 6max is intense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at least 4 6 max tables and 4 full ring ones, sometimes a couple more 6 max tables, sometimes the six max tables will also get down to 4 handed or so, in which case it can get a bit intense.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 AM

Playing at a low level (NL25), I've 5 tabled 6max and felt ok doing it... I regularly 4table and don't have any big problems. I use Poker Ace HUD.

VPIP of 20, pfr of 6. I can't raise more hands profitably yet...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:08 PM

appreciate all the replies guys, thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 PM

I'm running about 26/19/5.0 at 400NL. The high PFR basically comes from isolating weaker players with marginal hands. The bigger the skill difference between you and the limper in front of you, the more hands you should raise.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running about 26/19/5.0 at 400NL. The high PFR basically comes from isolating weaker players with marginal hands. The bigger the skill difference between you and the limper in front of you, the more hands you should raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I don't usually raise marginal hands to isolate limpers, I raise to isolate the blinds/steal the blinds. If a limper is in the pot I'm less likely to raise marginal hands.

Do you raise bad limpers from any position or just the button?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:35 PM

At NL25+50 I played with a VIP with fluxuated between 30-35%. These games tended to be tight so you could steal ALOT with continuation bets.

At NL100 I've screwed right down to 21% becuse the games seems to have taken a massive jump in aggression and playing tight is by far the best response. In addition I'm still feeling my way in these games so playing tight is a natural response untill you get a better handle on the games texture.

At NL25+50 I managed a winrate of 9.35 over 30k hands. At NL100 I'm currently going at 10.71 over 10k hands so both styles seem to be successful.

If you play with a VIP of 35% you'll have to play differently postflop from playign with a VIP of 20% you just have to get used to it. As long as you're inside that range you don't have to worry about honing your statistics into 'perfect figures' because they're arn't any.

*EDIT* oh and I pretty much consistently raise rounghly half of the hands I play whether thats 35 or 20 *EDIT*
Old 10-01-2005, 03:57 PM

I just started playing NL50 6 max, single tabling it.

My stats are 45/15/4. I guess this is hyper-agressive uber-lag?

Over my first 1k hands I am at 31BB/100. (obviously not sustainable)

Am I just asking for a huge downswing playing this way?