Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Leak I need to fix. (harder to get to showdown vs better players)

I've done very well at both 400 and 600 6max.

But I've developed a bad habit-mostly from 400 where I can call with my good but not great hands, and reach a showdown for a reasonable price when I'm not sure where I'm at.

Most of the time I'm ahead, but have the type of hand where I don't feel comfortable raising.

At 1k vs players who have picked up on this habit, I have a feeling they get my to invest money, then steal the pot.

A couple hands where I think something stinks.(all vs decent lags)

I open in EP with AQ, SB calls. flop KQ3. I call 3/4 pot bet.
Turn T. Check, I bet 2/3 pot, cr almost all in I fold.
I'd be more inclined to check AK here and call on river. I think JT is very likely here.

I raise 35 with QQ in EP, next player makes it 80. I call. FLop T92, I call close to pot, check fold a turn brick for half pot bet.
I don't think this is that bad, but to those paying attention, I think its type of hand where they pick up on my put money in, fold tendency.

I raise EP with tens, solid BB calls. Flop 764 two to a flush. I bet close to pot, pot sized cr, I suspect a draw and fold.

Lag opens for 65 on button, I call in Sb with red tens. BB calls also. FLop 863 two to a flush. checked around. Turn another 8, 3 to a flush now. I lead for 2/3 pot, BB folds, Button minraises, I fold. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Player who opens alot, aggressive with draws, opens for 30. I call in BB with a9s. Flop K9x two hearts. I check call, lead a non heart 8 on turn. Minraise, fold.

I know its usually not good to post a lot of hands at once, but I'm hoping this will make my leak obvious. If there is anyone who plays this level who wants to go over some trouble hands of mine or yours on IM, let me know.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Leak I need to fix. (harder to get to showdown vs better players)

You might just be running poorly. Sometimes just NONE of your bets are getting respect (ie they mostly are hitting flops hard). This is where I start to assume everyone is constantly bluffing me out of hands and go broke with TPTK or even mid pair like a total chump; and in turn go on a huge downswing.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Leak I need to fix. (harder to get to showdown vs better players)

[ QUOTE ]
You might just be running poorly. Sometimes just NONE of your bets are getting respect (ie they mostly are hitting flops hard). This is where I start to assume everyone is constantly bluffing me out of hands and go broke with TPTK or even mid pair like a total chump; and in turn go on a huge downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, like you assume every one is out to get you. bleah. its happening to me