Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 08:40 PM

Default FF: What would you do?

This question is for 2 leagues, and involves the same players. These are 2 must win games for me.

League Rules: td=6, 10 yards/pt for rush/rec, -2 for turnovers

I have one RB slot I'm having trouble deciding how to fill in each league. Here are my options:

Stephen Davis - Car. playing at Miami
Mike Anderson or The Great Dayne - Den. playing at home Monday night against the Chiefs

I'm kidding about Dayne, although he could have his coming out party if Anderson reinjures his ribs.

I would normally start Davis, but he has a significant neck injury from last week when Rodney Harrison nearly succeeded in ripping his head off. He was listed as questionable and wasn't practicing earlier in the week, but has just been upgraded to probable. Anderson is probable as well (ribs) after being questionable last week, but he played through the injury last week, and has looked good in practice. He looked pretty good against San Diego (nearly 90 yards rush/rec), except for his his fumble on the goal line, which he claims was caused by the flak jacket he was wearing. Apparently Anderson's ribs are healed enough that this appears to be the last game he'll be wearing the flak jacket.

Both these guys have quality backups playing behind them. I'm just trying to determine which one is the least likely to have to leave the game due to injury. Both Miami and KC appear to have good run defenses. I'm thinking the heat and humidity in Miami could also adversely affect Davis as he's missed practice time this week. I'm even contemplating starting Davis in one league and Anderson in the other, as a hedge.

all opinions welcome
Old 09-24-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: FF: What would you do?

Make decision as late as possible
Most likely Davis