Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 AM

Default New to smoking, a few q\'s

Alright, I just learned how to smoke (21 years old). I absolutely LOVE the buzz I get from smoking, but I hear that if you smoke too often you lose the buzz (and will get addicted to smoking). I have no intention of getting addicted; I'm pretty sure I can control myself. What frequency can I smoke and still expect to get a buzz everytime I smoke?

If it was only 1 cigarette per week, I'd be fine with that. But the last thing I want to do is get addicted and/or lose the buzz I get from smoking. Also, what brands do you guys like for casual smoking? I've only tried marlbro red medium 100s (or something like that) and some sort of Swisher Sweets.

Also, let's say I actually stick to only smoking once every other day or something, how unhealthy is this for me?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: New to smoking, a few q\'s

Nice troll.

I recommend you smoke as much as possible, as quickly as possible. Hopefully, you will die before you reproduce and [censored] up the gene pool.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Please, please, please let this post not be a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 08:02 AM

Doesn't anyone casually or socially smoke? I don't get it.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM

Studies at the University of Virginia have concluded you can smoke upwards of two packs a day and not get addicted.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 AM

YSSCKY.

Oh wait -- you already are.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 AM

You simply can't keep that buzz forever. Even at one cig a week, I think that you will lose it. If you're just smoking for the buzz, why not smoke cigars?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Studies at the University of Virginia have concluded you can smoke upwards of two packs a day and not get addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.

You are the coolest FNG on here, Doc.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just beautiful! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone casually or socially smoke? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I have, and still do.

I typed up a bunch of stuff in defense of casual smoking, but I know I'd still have gotten jumped on for it, so let's just say that I think it's definitely possible to casually smoke for a few years and then quit if you're strong-willed enough to follow through on your self-imposed limits.

No, I'm not saying that quitting smoking is a matter of mind over matter, I'm saying that limiting yourself to a very low intake (say, 3-5 cigarettes on weekends) probably is, for most people, a matter of will. I'm sure quitting is pretty hard once you've been smoking a lot for even just a few months, and just being strong-willed won't be enough for most people in that situation. But as someone who's casually smoked periodically over the last two years, I've never found it hard to skip a few weeks or months after having smoked a half a pack a weekend for a month or two. I smoke sometimes because I find it enjoyable in the company of some of my friends, or with a beer and a burger, or whatever. If you find that pleasurable and are strong-willed enough to limit it to JUST THAT and to quit even that after a few years, I don't see the problem.