Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Slightly inept preflop questions I SHOULD know the answers too.

1. fold
2. fold
3. fold
4. fold
5. fold
6. fold
Old 09-17-2005, 06:01 PM

miller SSHE says in its tighter tables (3-5 callers average) to never play a 9 that is not suited or in a pair. so do not play A9o (other than obviously for free in big blind).... i think in the loose table, it might have just got into playing A9o, K9o but can not remember.... again, do not have book in front of me, but it says to play any suited cards out of unraised small blind (cant remember if it was loose or tight table or both. i think it was both).
Old 09-17-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone were to magically drop 20bb into each of these pots these woulds all be easy calls. At what point exactly do these swing from fold to call? If all of these are "easy folds" then how many SB would need to be (magically) added to the pot to make them an EV neutral call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are looking for, but in these scenarios, people are WILLINGLY puting in money, and you will have to play after the flop against them. Your pot odds are only part of the equation. What I would suggest is that you buy a simulation program, and play the hands you question, and see if you can show a profit with any of them. Its only gut instinct, but I sincerely doubt you would.