Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Give \'em Enough Rope...

initially i liked this play with position (and waiting for the river raise, as you might get him to 3-bet the river while he might just call down after your turn 3-bet, gaining you 2BB waiting until the river) - but it's probably just FPS talking

I guess you should go to war right now - I just hate the check-call on the river that's undoubtedly going to come after you 3-bet this turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you should go to war right now - I just hate the check-call on the river that's undoubtedly going to come after you 3-bet this turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
after he check raises again, he is very often going to cap your 3-bet and lead the river.

i don't know if he will bet and 3-bet the river if you wait and raise him there - all i'm thinking about is trying to give myself the highest chance of getting more bets into the pot. if he thinks his hand is good (it looks like he does), i really want to go to war with him immediately.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
after he check raises again, he is very often going to cap your 3-bet and lead the river.

i don't know if he will bet and 3-bet the river if you wait and raise him there - all i'm thinking about is trying to give myself the highest chance of getting more bets into the pot. if he thinks his hand is good (it looks like he does), i really want to go to war with him immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I totally agree - this is an area of my game I could work on (getting more bets in when I'm way ahead)

he's getting to showdown for sure here, and it's definitely the best idea to get the bets in now rather than later
Old 09-12-2005, 08:10 AM

If he's got a hand at all, you've got to three-bet the turn. You might get it capped, but at worst he's putting four big bets in (check call the river). There's no guarantee he'll lead or CR on the river after your call on the turn.

That's probably been said by someone else already.

I'm a great believer in hammering the turn, if only for the simple reason it's the only way to possibly get the max number of big bets in the pot. Am I being clear? I mean you can't get eight bets in if you stop at two on the turn. Plus people can be optimistic on the turn, moreso than on the river, since there's always the hope of the miracle card.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:15 AM

I'm with everyone else. You make anywhere from 1-4 BB by 3-betting the turn if he has a monster hand, and likely make the same if he has a moderate hand. If he's running a bluff you maybe lose one bet, but I don't think that's the case.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:20 PM

You also run the risk of a third spade falling and him slowing down. LPs will usually freeze up when a three-flush or 4-straight comes on board, but the possibility of sets or boats will hardly ever occur to them. Trips scare them too, but obviously he doesn't think you have a 2, so crank it up while you can.