Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-09-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Bottom Pair with benefits, also let\'s play Guess-the-Hand

Nothing remarkable about this table, no one stood out as being particularly good or aggro postflop.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

First of all, I think I can bet this flop for value with my possibilities for two pair or a straight, but I'm not sure if spiking a ten would be a good idea. We're heads up on the turn, do I fire away again?

In case that hand wasn't enough, you can also play the Guess-the-Hand minigame in THIS VERY THREAD OH YEAH. Never seen this villain before. Who wants to take a stab? Also, who 3-bets this preflop against a complete unknown? I was rather tempted....

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Bottom Pair with benefits, also let\'s play Guess-the-Hand

I'd feel better about hand 1 if there were 3 players and 1 check to me. I guess my play would depend on more specific reads.

Hand 2, I'm not so sure about the flop peel. You've got .5-1 outs for the straight draw if there are no Aces out, 1.5 for the flush draw, and maybe 3 outs for the K and Q if they are good, and/or if they aren't duplicated in the preflop raiser's hand. This is 5 outs being super generous, and you don't even close the action. I would fold here.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd feel better about hand 1 if there were 3 players and 1 check to me. I guess my play would depend on more specific reads.

Hand 2, I'm not so sure about the flop peel. You've got .5-1 outs for the straight draw if there are no Aces out, 1.5 for the flush draw, and maybe 3 outs for the K and Q if they are good, and/or if they aren't duplicated in the preflop raiser's hand. This is 5 outs being super generous, and you don't even close the action. I would fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A zero-gapper straight is 1.5 outs, and what's this talk about there being an ace out there, that won't affect a straight [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I don't think we need to discount the K or Q outs too much, as they're already discounted by half when we assign them 1.5 each. Add in the flush draw and we have 6 max, again maybe giving us 5 or 5.5. A checkraise is possible, but that doesn't happen a whole lot at these tables so I'm not too worried. Getting 9 to 1 I'm pretty sure it's a call, and if it's loose it's not by much--I could make that up with implied odds if I hit a draw (as I did).
Old 09-09-2005, 01:48 AM

Hand 2 is an easy fold. I can't see how you could possibly value that hand as a 5-outer and you act right after the bettor.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A zero-gapper straight is 1.5 outs, and what's this talk about there being an ace out there, that won't affect a straight [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
he's saying that an ace out there takes up one card you would need to make brodway (which doesn't matter). what does matter is that JQK is not worth 1.5 outs.

TJQ is because it can make 89TJQ, 9TJQK, and TJQKA.

JQK can only make 9TJQK and TJQKA.

the math isn't hard but i've never taken the time to do it.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:48 AM

hand #2: besides the fact you should 3-bet preflop, peeling is okay.

3 outs for K/Q (flush draws and reverse domination), 1.5 BDFD, 1 BDSD (discounted for possible Ace): so everything is severly discounted, but still for flush draws and Aces, and reverse dominated hands and what not. need 8:1 to break even, getting 9:1 w/o SB/BB. sure we're not closing the action, but we can fold if it is 2 back to us and what hands are c/r on this board?

small pocket pairs aren't. a J may, but so what? if CO has a bigger hand, he'll probably raise again: we fold. if CO doesn't raise, we're in the same situation as we were before but a bigger pot now.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 AM

Hand1: I don`t bet the flop. Against 3 opponents there is almost always somebody who beats us and wants to comtinue. We do not like our t outs as well.
I`d bet the turn as we may fold a pair of 9s.

Hand2: I think it`s good.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:26 AM

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, MP calls, CO (poster) raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7, J, 2 (4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB folds, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Bad beat maybe with the CO having A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:32 AM

Hand 1: I don't bet the flop, though I do call one. The way you played it, I bet the turn, but this sort of illustrates why I don't like the flop bet. I really don't want to bet this but a check is just an open invitation for CO to take the pot away from me. I have no idea where I stand here.

Hand 2: Yes, I 3-bet this PF. Calling the flop is fine. The rest plays itself. I guess you lost to A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but that's too obvious. Given that you're posting this, I'll guess 99.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:37 AM

Hand one, Check fold the turn IMO. Weak but i'd rather get out of this tiny pot with a poor hand.

Hand two,
The flop call with 4clean outs(Diamonds are dirty) and BDFD is fine, Turn and river seem standard.

Him 3betting is strange, He usually this aggressive? 8T? Nuts flush?

Just noticed its 6handed, Not used to this.