Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: I bloat the pot, get cr all in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat call looks good to me. You have a very marginal hand. I probably call and dump it to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do too....i'm way more worried about SB here and I don't want to get pushed into the nuts by MP.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This has to be a joke. UTG min-raiser has to call $26 more into a $58 pot. He is calling almost always. And once he calls, the next guy has to call $26 into a $84 pot in which he will have position on a terrible player. No way he folds 90% of the time. And it's only worse for you with the third guy. If you want to re-raise here, $45-50 is the play. But personally, I hate the re-raise. What do you do when UTG then bumps it up to $150 and you end up folding your TT preflop instead of just calling his min-raise and having a chance to bust his AA. I did that once and had to fold and of course the flop comes Txx and AA stacks KK and I never re-raise TT in that situation ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys aren't thinking even remotely close to that level. UTG minraised cause its fun to minraise UTG. Other two players called because they have two cards and calling is what they do. I don't always raise like this with mid pairs, but I love to do it vs these guys and get rid of the blinds at same time. If you eliminate Sb from this hand, there is a good chance I stack one of them.

No way UTG is doing something reasonable like going to $150. He might minraise again with Aces and let me try to flop a ten. If he pushed here its most likely he has some Ax hand.

[ QUOTE ]

Flat call looks good to me. You have a very marginal hand. I probably call and dump it to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And let half the deck kill my hand?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And let half the deck kill my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bad UTG raises min, 2 mediocre players call, I make it 34 on the button with TT. Sb(only decent player calls!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude your hand is already dead. SB is the only decent player at the table and he just pushed over a lead, and a raise against a person that raised preflop and one that reraised preflop....what exactly are you ahead of here? If you are ahead here you need to revise your read of SB because he is CLEARLY not a decent player.