Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Default 5 handed $30/$60, AQo.

Your standard aggressive table, my opponents in this hand are ok, nobody is a super donkey. Comments on all streets appreciated, but my two main questions:

How's the flop call?

River is bittersweet, one of these guys has a flush, right?

Party Poker (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="red">Hero raises </font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, <font color="red">Hero calls </font>, SB raises, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets </font>, SB calls, BB calls

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, BB raises, <font color="red">Your action?? </font>
Old 07-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 5 handed $30/$60, AQo.

This is one of those hands that I'm just not sure about. I think it's a call here. I can't see a fold coming, although it appears that you've got to be beat somewhere. Can anyone see 3-betting here, hoping for the person who bet out to fold a flush on a scary board?

ChewyMint
Old 07-20-2005, 12:56 PM

If I am getting this right you are getting 14-2 on your call. So you have to be good 14%?. I can't see SB on anything but a draw. But I think I have to call here, SB could easily be betting the scarecard with something like T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB trying to raise you out of your better ace. Tricky bastards.

I call.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:18 PM

This is a pretty read dependent situation. More info on villains would be a big help. But I think you can find a fold here given that you say your opponents are not total donks. I wouldn't put either of them on the ace since the turn went check-check-bet-call-call. You would think they'd have bet the turn with an ace, so I don't think you're outkicking anyone here. I'd say they either both have flushes or one played a flopped set in a weird way and filled up on the river. Admittedly, its not an easy river fold, but I think it would be a good one.

Wow...I didn't see it was 5-handed. That changes my read on the SB. I think he just has a king and led the river because he figured you didn't have the ace when it paired. However, I do think the BB has a flush. The SB read makes it a pretty tough fold now, cause you are probably ahead of him, but it would still be an expert fold I think.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:15 AM

to win, you need one of them with a scare bet, and the other on the case ace. I think that rarely happens. Not an easy fold, but I think it is definately correct.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 AM

"Not an easy fold,"

it's a very easy fold. in this particular case they may have been being cracky and no one had the flush, but if you call two cold here every time you will lose a lot of money in the long run. easy fold.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Result

Okay thanks guys, I did fold the river and wanted to make sure I wasn't smoking crack.

SB folded too, so BB took it down without showing, but I've got to think one of them has me beat here almost every time.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:43 AM

BB played this one exactly like a flush draw and nothing else. good fold.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:48 AM

I would fold the river too. Annoying situation, but a fold yes.

I like a flop fold yes. Since the pot is already threeway, this won't hurt you much metagame-wise. It's a lot more dramatic to fold for flop raises headsup. Another thing two other players in for two bets tells you, is that you are currently no good, and you are drawing to two offsuit aces, and 4 other more dubious cards that improves your hand.

lars

lars
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM

I don't like the flop call. There just aren't enough turn cards that will make you want to continue with the hand. Also, this could easily be a case of reverse-domination.