Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Questions about this JJ hand

Converter isnt working, so I did this by hand.

Villain is 52/12/1.7. His aggression by street is .75/7/4.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is Button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9SB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , SB folds, UTG, MP both call.

Turn: (7.5BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets , UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls </font>

River: (11.5BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , <font color="red"> MP raises, </font> , Hero calls.

My questions are about the turn and river action. IMO, it is an easy calldown when he CRes me on the turn. However, when he checks the river, should I bet as I did? When he CR me, do I still call? I was confused mostly on the river when he CRed me and wondering if I should have even bet the river behind him.

Anyone put in a reraise on the turn? Thanks.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Questions about this JJ hand

I bet the river and hate to call the checkraise, but I will. Maybe this is a leak of mine?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:22 AM

typo? MP folds the turn but CR the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess its UTG who did the CR.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:30 AM

Is that aggression of 7 on the turn??? you can't have many hands on the guy.... but is 3-betting the turn too much?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM

If you think he is capable of playing the flop and turn like that without a 3, I would still check the river because he will bet it one last time. When I bet, I probably will only get CRed when he really does have the 3. Without a good read, I dont like the idea of having to face a second check-raise on this river especially if you cant SAFELY fold to it.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 AM

I think you played it perfectly the whole way through. It sucks to be CR:ed on the river but you're getting like a million to one on a call.

Calling the river is not a leak, folding is.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:44 AM

I love when players rise from the muck to checkraise the river
Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My questions are about the turn and river action

[/ QUOTE ]

mine too? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Converter isnt working, so I did this by hand.

Villain is 52/12/1.7. His aggression by street is .75/7/4.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em

Preflop: Hero is Button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9SB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets </font> , MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , SB folds, UTG, MP both call.

Turn: (7.5BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets , UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="red"> Hero calls </font>

River: (11.5BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , <font color="red"> MP raises, </font> , Hero calls.

My questions are about the turn and river action. IMO, it is an easy calldown when he CRes me on the turn. However, when he checks the river, should I bet as I did? When he CR me, do I still call? I was confused mostly on the river when he CRed me and wondering if I should have even bet the river behind him.

Anyone put in a reraise on the turn? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your stats on Villain are over a reasonable # of hands, I would 3-bet the turn and call a river c/r every time.