Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-10-2005, 09:15 PM

Default 200 bb aces, what now?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Villain is ok lag, probably something like 45/30 or so if you want pt stats.

He doesn't have premium hand from his minraise, it basically means he has two cards, he minraises most every hand, and would bring it in for more with a decent hand.

He is pretty aggressive, but will give up if he is beat and gets some strong resistance.

What is the plan once he raises the flop?

MP ($898.51)
CO ($118.35)
Button ($445.35)
Hero ($799.48)
BB ($735.33)
UTG ($207)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $26</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $20.

Flop: ($64) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $150</font>
Old 07-10-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 200 bb aces, what now?

Call
Old 07-10-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok if you want to call here, what do you plan on doing with a safe card (Non club, 7 or 2-also would rather not see a 5 or a paired board). What is plan for a scare card?

Actually not sure if he would bet a non scare card, probably 80% he would. Very likely he strongly bets a scare card.(assuming i check to him in both cases)
Old 07-10-2005, 10:26 PM

few ways to play this.

i may stop &amp; go if i feel confident he'll only push with a better hand. this eliminates guess work.

i may check/raise big if i feel he'll bet anything he raised the flop with

i may check/fold if i dont think i'm ahead.

on a blank if you check and he checks behind, decide if he raised you with a smaller pair or a draw. if its the former make a blocker bet. if it's the later check/call a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok if you want to call here, what do you plan on doing with a safe card (Non club, 7 or 2-also would rather not see a 5 or a paired board). What is plan for a scare card?

[/ QUOTE ]

scare card is easy. check fold. it's up to you to decide what constitutes a scare card.

blank is harder. look above, though, and decide what kind of LAG you think he is.

also, this is all moot, if you're afraid to play a big pot OOP vs a lag, reraise alot more pf or dont at all. if he's lag he could have a wide range of hands, and in turn given such big stacks, will cause trouble for you.