Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action
Raises - to clean up overcards and possibly for value against someone betting a flush draw 6 21.43%
Folds - my draw is weak and villain may have flopped a straight, have me reverse-dominated, or outdraw me on a later street 16 57.14%
Calls - I have odds to see the turn card, but I'd hate to get 3-bet 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2005, 10:10 PM

Default QJh flop play question

Good 20/40 FW's game, mostly loosish passivish, many soft spots and 1 semi maniac that has been straddling most every orbit.

I was distracted by a friend of mine that had just shown up and I look down at my cards and see QJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I say call and toss in 4 chips. The dealer says to me the the semi maniac straddled so I toss in 4 more chips. The guy to my left says raise, he gets 1 cold caller both blinds call and the straddler caps it, we all call.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The SB leads out, the BB and straddler call action is now on me.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: QJh flop play question

I don't think this is even close.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:07 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I don't think this is even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct
Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 AM

I didn't think that it was close either, but I took some grief for it. "What if he doesn't raise?" was the lament.

Anyway, I called, he raised as I hoped, button folded, blinds and straddler call I 3 bet it. They all called.

Turn was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], checked to me, I bet and get 3 callers. The dealer accidently exposes the burn card (6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) and then puts the beautiful K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the board. I bet, guy to my left shakes his head and calls, the others fold. He shows his AK and mucks.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM

I'd raise now.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:40 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I didn't think that it was close either, but I took some grief for it. "What if he doesn't raise?" was the lament.

Anyway, I called, he raised as I hoped, button folded, blinds and straddler call I 3 bet it. They all called.

Turn was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], checked to me, I bet and get 3 callers. The dealer accidently exposes the burn card (6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) and then puts the beautiful K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the board. I bet, guy to my left shakes his head and calls, the others fold. He shows his AK and mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, are we on the same page here? when i echoed the thoughts that it wasn't close, i meant raise now and it's not close.