Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Huge Problem with Pacific

Hello,

I have played on Pacific as a minor(16) and have a big problem...I registered under my step-dad's name, but made a bad mistake by asking to have it changed to my name. Well, after a bunch of talking, they want me to verify my name and details by making a copy of my ID and also a copy of a bank statement showing my name. Since I am underage, what can I do now? They said they will not continue letting me take out my funds until they verify my name...My main question is 1) Can I get around this? and 2) If not, can I just tell them the truth about my age, and then take all my money out and quit, or will they take my money?

part of the message;
Thank you for your prompt response XXXXX. In light of your explanation
we will have your current cash out request ($XXXX) processed, and paid
out via Bank Draft as per your request. However, please be advised that
subsequent to this, no further transactions will be processed until we
are able to verify the account.

We will need copies of the following documents in order to do so.

- Copy of your photo ID (passport or driver's license)
- Copy of a recent (no older than 4 months) utility bill or bank
statement showing your name, and address as registered on your Pacific
Poker account.

What can I do to atleast get my money? If at all possible continue playing as well?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Huge Problem with Pacific

Dude I think you're [censored]. How much money are we talking about here.

Which information are they wanting yours or your step dad's?

I would try and send in your step dads and keep the account under his name as I am not sure what they will do when it is confirmed you are a minor.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:46 AM

[censored]!

Uhmm, they want mine, and we are talking about 1,000...
Old 07-04-2005, 01:51 AM

Have a friend (of proper age) open an account. And then just transfer your money to him. Do it a bit at a time so they don't get suspicious. (Hope when they said you can't take money out, that didn't include transferring to another player.)
Old 07-04-2005, 01:54 AM

If you are totally screwed, you could try dumping the chips to your friend...
Old 07-04-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored]!

Uhmm, they want mine, and we are talking about 1,000...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know man. My gut says to just call them and explain that your step dad opened the account and let you play under it. Tell them you however are a minor and ask if they still want you ID info of if you should leave it under you step dad's name.

However this does involve some risk.

The thing is that they are not really constrained by any age laws only their own rules so they may let you slide. You really haven't done anything that would piss them off and I would say keep it that way.

Trying to sneak it out through transfers or chip dumping could trigger the hammer and result in losing the money when you didnt need to.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:47 AM

What do you mean they aren't constrained by any age laws? Is it not illegal to play at any certain age on these sites? I have been trying to find their terms and conditions, so I can read them all(they cited them when saying I cannot sign up under another's name)...anyone know where to find them?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean they aren't constrained by any age laws? Is it not illegal to play at any certain age on these sites? I have been trying to find their terms and conditions, so I can read them all(they cited them when saying I cannot sign up under another's name)...anyone know where to find them?

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't and do not operate out of the US, therefore they cannot be constrained by US law. I believe though that most have age restrictions.

To be clear dude, there is a chance that you could lose all of your money here.

That being said I still think going the honest as possible route mixed in with some pleading ignorance is best.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I think it would be real slimy of of any poker room to use the excuse of underage gambling to steal your money. After all, if you had lost, would they have said you weren't suppose to have played here and here's your money back? Barring him from the site is fine. But they should release his money first.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be real slimy of of any poker room to use the excuse of underage gambling to steal your money. After all, if you had lost, would they have said you weren't suppose to have played here and here's your money back? Barring him from the site is fine. But they should release his money first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a crappy thing to say... but why should they do anything? OP is the one who knowingly went against terms and conditions of the site. OP falsly indicated that he was of legal playing age for the site.