Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: got caught speeding

yes, yes, i know, it was late...... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM

in these short handed games people do make alot more moves, and often assume other people are doing the same

if villain think im an aggressive player in all situations and he has either; an overpair, overs and the nut flush draw, an overpair with a flush draw, a top pair and a decent flush draw, etc; hes probably going to ramble with me if theres a decent chunk of change in the pot

i assume im ahead enough of the time here and that my opponent will be stubborn enough with this range of hands that i have a huge edge with these flops and a set

now, what is the best way of getting money in
if i lead and get raised thats GREAT! if i lead and get called by an Ace of clubs or a flush then thats not so great as it makes me guess on the turn. i hate leading and just getting called on these flops. im out of position and dont know what i want on the turn. ie do i need a board pair or just a non club

check raising huge makes someone with what they consider a huge draw put it in the middle, and it also allows me to have decent odds against the rare flopped flush, which i am way behind on the turn.

i posted another hand like this where we went to the flop 3 or 4 handed and i had top set against a flopped flush and an overpair, in that instance i would have done much better to have led out, as it was i left myself no options

heads up pots in 6max 600 i will continue to try to get it in on the flop, especially oop, in this scenarios until my opponents play changes or i become too predicable and am losing an edge
Old 06-27-2005, 02:39 PM

If I suspect villian is on any kind of flush draw on a monotone flop (J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-Jx, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-Xx, etc.), then I like to pop it on the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sets on a monotone board, i cant seem to fold them, and was playing with the idea of never doing so ever again at 6max

hows my line

[/ QUOTE ]
Your line is fine. Your are getting 2-1 on your final call, so it is automatic IMO. You are only 2-1 against filling up, and have a good chance to have the best hand.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 PM

kagame-

Looks fine to me. I think the idea here is to set it up so that they have the opportunity to make a roughly potsized all-in bet. This will encourage them to make a big semibluff with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Kx or an overpair with a club. Checkraising the flop accomplishes this perfectly.

-muz
Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 PM

I can see villian having the Ac and making a semi-bluff after your check, but once you check-raise and he re-raises it seems more like he is trying to protect against a lone Ac or Kc drawing out against his made flush. Of course, at this point you have to call b/c the pot odds are correct.

Perhaps another line is to stop and go? Say lead for $120-150 on a non-club turn. If I were semi-bluffing, I'd be more likely to fold with only one card to come, and the flop call would also be a little scary. If I were protecting my low made flush, I might hesitate and allow a free showdown.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 PM

i think i will definitely try this sort of thing with certain opponents, or if there are multiple people to the flop

gp