Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 06-16-2005, 11:24 PM

Default A typical BGC post

"Liberals are petulant whiners. We conservatives care little for their whimpering criticisms. We care so little, in fact, I will start post after post, using thousands and thousands of words, letting them know just how little I pay them any mind."
Old 06-16-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: A typical BGC post

BGC has as much of a right to his opinions as anyone.

That doesn't make him any less of a jerkoff, but yeah.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:31 PM

Yeah, I didn't say BGC didn't have a right to his opinion. I would vociferously defend not only his right to an opinion, but also his right to express it here at 2+2, or anywhere he pleases.

My OP had nothing to do with that.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:16 AM

IMO, starting a thread with no other purpose then to insult another poster is bad form.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BGC has as much of a right to his opinions as anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]That doesn't mean they deserve any respect though.

Something that has restored my faith in this country lately is reading through http://www.redstate.org/ . It's very refreshing to read reality-based Republican opinions, and see the site become more popular.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, starting a thread with no other purpose then to insult another poster is bad form.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only insult you when their demagogic arguments are not working.

Anyone can scan the top 25 threads of this board and see how many are about whining over Iraq, whining over Gitmo, whining over Bushie conspiracies. But nobody really cares about their whining, the American people are too smart to fall for that stuff (even if you call us Nazis). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But nobody really cares about their whining, the American people are too smart to fall for that stuff (even if you call us Nazis). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Two polls recently came out with job approval for Bush at 42%, and the Republican controlled Congress much much lower.

This may shock you, but most Americans love their country, and do not like it when her reputation is dragged through the mud by an ignorant and arrogant foreign policy.

So where's your evidence that America doesn't care about the issues you mention? Or by "America" do you really mean the people you surround yourself with?
Old 06-17-2005, 10:06 AM

Read the article I posted in the OP of the thread I started yesterday. That explains the approval ratings.

Short version: we are a divided country, but the common sense people know the whining is a bunch of BS, and that is all that we need to stay the course against the evil we are fighting.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:11 AM

It is words like "evil" that turn people off. It is fine with me if he thinks they are evil but part of being a good leader is learning how to get your message across the best possible way.

I am as conservative as they come too.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't to insult BGC. I realize it was perhaps harsh, if taken the wrong way. I hope BGC doesn’t take it personally; I’m only of the belief that he’s claiming something which may be false.

I think some may have missed what I was getting at. Truth be told, I (in alot of ways) agree with BGC, in that Democrats are probably overly petulant and their whinings often get cast aside by a large faction of Americans. This isn’t to say I think they’re necessarily wrong, either. But here was the point of my OP:

Is it not an inherent contradiction for BGC to tell you how much he doesn't care, in the midst of dozens of posts, each containing many words and links (which probably meant some Googling)?

In other words, it seems to me BGC is expending alot of time and energy to let everyone know how little he cares for leftists, and how easily dismissible they are. But with each and every post, I'm getting the feeling he just might be interested in what they have to say, since he seems to spend alot of time trying to decry them.