Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 PM

Default AQ flops two pair, heavy action, questions on every street

this hand confused me quite a bit.
UTG+1 is 19/9.5
MP1 is 46/0
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)
converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

standard right?

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

What to do here? i think i shouldve capped it

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
What do i do hear, still ahead of AK
River: (17.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls

I'm almost certain that im not good here, MP1 has shown no aggression over 250 hands, so i figure that he has to have AA or 77. i figured was drawing dead or slim and got there.

help on all streets please
-light

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
Old 06-11-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AQ flops two pair, heavy action, questions on every street

Fold pre-flop. If you think UTG is raising light then its a 3-bet. Here its a fold.

[ QUOTE ]
i figure that he has to have AA or 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you're ahead of 77. Cap the river. If he has AA, so be it.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop. If you think UTG is raising light then its a 3-bet. Here its a fold.

[ QUOTE ]
i figure that he has to have AA or 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, you're ahead of 77. Cap the river. If he has AA, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 3-betting PF is fine. A 19/10 guy is raising enough hands that it isn't a huge mistake.

Also, he's not ahead of 77. He's behind AA &amp; 77.

Rob
Old 06-11-2005, 04:13 PM

Sample size. Seriously I wouldn't consider 450 hands as enough information to not be confident with AQ and top two. I would have capped the flop, turn, and river if he let me. More likely the flop than anything else. But as the other responder said, if he has AA so be it, it's gonna happen enough of the time for you to max this hand out.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Preflop: standard.

Flop: I cap here. You're up against a worse 2 pair, flush draw, and/or overplayed weaker A far more often than a set.

Turn: Fine. You have to respect the possibility that he's got a 7, so just call the 3bet.

River: Cap that bad boy. If he's got the case aces (unlikely) or the case sevens (equally unlikely), so be it. Personally I think you just hit your redraw vs. A7. Even against a normally passive opponent, on a board like this just about any made hand thinks it's best. You have the third nuts while both better hands are extremely unlikely based on the known cards--cap the river &amp; sort it out later.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:33 PM

This is probably my Spewy McSpewerson side coming out again but there's no way I'm not capping the flop and river.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Yeah 77 is extremely unlikely, especially b/c he raised w/ it preflop w/ someone you think is normally a tight player. He wouldn't 3 bet w/ 77 in this situation, only a LAG would do that. So unless he suddenly decided to get LAGGY, his only real possibility is AA.

Traditionally I've always understood that you pay off quads. They're that unlikely that you cap out on the river.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:47 PM

he cold called pd- did not raise- this is why i think 77 is s real possibility. What is he three betting the river with, being that he seems very passive .7 aggro, that i beat?
-light
Old 06-11-2005, 04:56 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
River: Cap that bad boy. If he's got the case aces (unlikely) or the case sevens (equally unlikely), so be it. Personally I think you just hit your redraw vs. A7. Even against a normally passive opponent, on a board like this just about any made hand thinks it's best. You have the third nuts while both better hands are extremely unlikely based on the known cards--cap the river &amp; sort it out later.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my thinking behind it too. I can't give MP1 AA because he didn't show any aggression preflop. There are 4 A7 possibilities, and only 1 77. Given MP1s preflop numbers, I have to think he would call with A7s there, which still leaves 2 possibilities, with [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 05:01 PM

My bad misread your OP. Nevertheless, you pay off Quads every time is the impression I was under.