Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Looking for backer and coach (Long Post)

I know the subject comes off as fairly blunt. But I am looking for to someone to coach, back, and inspire me to become a better player and person.

I have been involved with online poker for over a year and have had a fair amount of success playing the sit n go circuit on Party Poker, their skins, and Pokerstars. From the beginning I was a live limit player in Chicago, playing at Harrah's (Now resorts) and Trump working my way from 5-10 to 10-20. When I began to play online, tournaments was where I wanted to be and gradually starting from the 5+1 moved up each level and after a while played at the 200+15's before the times of Step 5.

In early november, I had a few set backs personally. I spent 13 days in a hospital over the course of a month and a half wiht kidney problems which basically broke my life savings and all of my bankroll that I had earned (around 7k) over that period. Long story short, my insurance benefits only paid 80% of all my bills leaving me with a hefty side package of my own.

Over the past 6 months I have gotten healthier, worked hard what I am doing (Youth Program Director for a national company), and have had the time and energy to want to get back into poker. I know I will probably be flamed for this post and I completely understand everyone's rationale but I am a frequent lurker, love to read posts about poker, and go over hand histories to find holes in other peoples games.

What I am seeking is a financial backer so that I can start at the 10+1's again and work my way up, help me with hand histories, finding holes, improvements in the game, and help me grow as a player. In doing so I am willing to work my ass off for them, get in the set number of tourneys needed each week and make sure that it is worth there time and effort. I will be the first to say that the money part of this for me is the backburner in my mind. I don't care about that right now, I want to grow and mature as a player and I am willing to give up all rights to money for the first 6 months to a year if someone is willing to take on the challenge. I want the experience of playing because that is far more valuable right now then any financial results

I am confident in my abilities as a person, as a player, and I guess one of the first question people are gonna ask is are you retarded? hahaha, no just trying to evolve in this game. And why don't your deposit your own money? And like I said I am looking for somone that can accomodate me as a backer and a coach/supporter. That I can send my hand histories too and learn from. I am unfortunate in my previsou situation and my current job that my finances are locked up for a while now.

I don't know what else to say, but I do appreciate all of your time. Hope to here from you soon. Feel free to PM. WOuld be willling to talk via cell phone, messenger, or through e-mail correspondence

Seth Money
Old 06-08-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Looking for backer and coach (Long Post)

Well, you do have 5 quality posts under your belt. PM me, maybe we can work something out.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I am a frequent lurker, love to read posts about poker, and go over hand histories to find holes in other peoples games.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have any hand histories on Spydog, let me know what my holes are. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM

Not only does this man need a backer and a coach, but if somebody has a spare sarcasm detector they could lend him, I'm sure he would appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:47 PM

Spydog,

IF you sent me over some hand histories. I would be more then willing to look. I see that you ahve some 1600 posts on 2+2, I envy that. I am somewhat quiet in that regard. But I would be more then willing to check some out.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM

David,

I pick up sarcasm pretty well in person, and am somewhat sarcastic myself. I am fairly new to posting, so I guess I will learn that in time. I suppose I should apologize for the PM then, hahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

I pick up sarcasm pretty well in person, and am somewhat sarcastic myself. I am fairly new to posting, so I guess I will learn that in time. I suppose I should apologize for the PM then, hahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, my first post was in jest. You will have a tough time finding a backer with less than 10 posts, even if you have been registered for a while. I guess that's better than those jokers who sign up and ask for a backer with their first post.

Good luck anyways though.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 PM

David,

I appreciate your post and I completely understand your concern and well mine for that matter. I've been here for a while just never really posted. It will be hard to find a coach and a backer, but I thought I would give a shot and if not. I will just keep trucking and maybe just post a little more in the future. I read about IrieGuy helping players at all levels, was hopefull that he or someone else might chime in and be of assistance.

Seth
Old 06-08-2005, 06:06 PM

I would be glad to coach you.

Lesson #1: STFU
Old 06-08-2005, 06:10 PM

Lesson #2: GET A JOB