Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Cap the river?

villain is 17/14/2.0

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero ?

I cant think of a hand that he would cap pf and that i lose to, perhaps TT?

any other advice is welcome
thanks
-light
Old 05-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Cap the river?

I dont think I would cap in this circumstance just being the complete wuss I am, there is a chance that he capped with 88 just because he saw all the people in and figured he had equity, he also appears very aggr. preflop. In all liklihood I think you will be splitting this the majority of the time. It especially sucks if for some reason he had 1010 or completely overplayed his AsKs.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:39 PM

After the villain capped the turn, i'm just calling his river bet. Yes, he could have KK or QQ, but he could also feasibly have 88 as his PFR is decently high.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think I would cap in this circumstance just being the complete wuss I am, there is a chance that he capped with 88 just because he saw all the people in and figured he had equity, he also appears very aggr. preflop. In all liklihood I think you will be splitting this the majority of the time. It especially sucks if for some reason he had 1010 or completely overplayed his AsKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 17/14/2.0
I cant think of a hand that he would cap pf and that i lose to, perhaps TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the more interesting question is whether you should raise the river. Since you don't I don't see why you wouldn't cap the river.

Regardless of what the result is, I am adding notes for this player--either he capped pf with an unusual holding or could not slow down with QQ/KK. If he had a Ten, he's got some guts based on his turn play, and if he's got KQs then I'd never leave his side.

Personally, I'd raise the river, and cap it, just because I think 90% of the time you have the best hand here, and he's overplayed his KK.

any other advice is welcome
thanks
-light

[/ QUOTE ]