Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 08:47 AM

Default How many bets do you go?

10/20 FW's

Joe Tall, a TAG friend and I are sitting in a FW's 10/20 game the other day.

There is 1 total maniac at the table and along with 6 weakies. Joe is just to the left of the maniac, TAG friend is to his left and I'm next. OK, OK, I have the worst seat at the table. I suppose that the good news is that the maniac is on a roll and everytime Joe excercises his FROI (or TAG friend his SROI) the maniac finds or makes a big hand.

I've started off running good and even have one of the weakies gunning for me after I beat him in three straight hands. In the 1st hand, I get to 3 bet the maniac with AKo, weakie calls, maniac caps. I flop a K, raise the maniacs flop bet, weakie calls, maniac FOLDS. I bet the turn and river, weakie calls, then mucks after I show. 2nd hand I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open raise, weakie calls in BB. Flop is all rags with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s. Check, bet, call. Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise, he mucks. Next hand I raise KQo, he calls in SB. Flop is AKQ. I bet, he checkraises, I call. He dark bets his last $20, a Q shows up on the turn. I say, I call and he rolls over A3o, I almost feel bad for him as I tell him my hand as I roll it.

Anyway on to the hand...

Joe and TAG friend fold, I raise with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], only the weakie SB and maniac in the BB call.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

They both check, I bet, they both call.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

They both check, I bet, they both call.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, maniac fires out a bet, I raise, SB now checkraise 3-bets. Maniac now folds (Joe later tells me he flashed him K8o as he mucked) and action is back on me.

OK it's now heads up and there is no cap. Who puts in the 4th bet and if you do, how many bets are you prepared to go?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: How many bets do you go?

I thought the no cap heads-up rule only applied if you started the street headsup. If Foxwoods plays it differently then I put in 6 bets and call the 7th if SB goes that high. That's the line for me between underboat and straight flush.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:57 AM

Sounds like you've got him about ready to tilt. I'd put out the 4th bet for sure, and might make it 6 too.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:00 AM

Technically you may be right. However, as a practical matter, if the 3rd player drops out before the 4th bet is put in, the dealer won't stop the action if the two remaining want to keep firing.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:55 AM

Is there anybody actually not willing to go more than 4 bets here?
Old 04-23-2005, 11:38 AM

OK...

I make it 4, he 5 bets, I 6 bet, he makes it 7 and I wimp out and just call.

Who thinks my hand is any good now?
Old 04-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Even a weaky can figure out the QQ is crushing his JJ at the 6th bet and 99 and KJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are both possible holdings. Sounds like you got a loser, gh though.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM

Putting in 6 and calling the 7th looks about right to me. Is this the same "weakie" who checkraised A3o on the AKQ board?

Rob
Old 04-23-2005, 11:58 AM

I'm saying put in 4 and 6, call 7. But I have no real reason other than that's where I'd feel confident.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:02 PM

I'm going to play the devil's advocate. He showed A3o in the hand above. I'm sure there's a reason you gave us your read.

He had AKo for the high str8 and you were kicking yourself.

Oh well. NH